Planning to cook something special tonight? Well, take note as we have keto-friendly biryani on the menu! Keto Biryani is our all-time favorite dish! We know we cannot have rice in keto but why be upset when we have a versatile low-carb vegetable for you – Cauliflower.
Cauliflower fits perfectly with it and works amazingly. Keto biryani is a fresh and summery twist on vegan vegetable biryani, made with seasonal veggies, spices, and tons of flavor. Naturally gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, nut-free, and keto-friendly.
This cauliflower rice biryani has the same biryani flavors and can be combined with cooked chicken, shrimp, or eggs, paneer you love. Cauliflower Rice can have a bit of crunchy texture or soft when well cooked.
Cauliflower rice does not taste like normal rice, it has a nutty, mild flavor and if cooked properly has a nice chewy texture like rice. You can add ingredients of your choice to this low-carb recipe and enjoy this meal with your fam!
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp yogurt
Ingredients For The Rice
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ diced onion
- One chopped tomato
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- ½ cup dhania (cilantro)
- Make the cauliflower rice. Add cauliflower florets to the food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is riced. Fill only one-third portion of the food processor at a time and make the cauliflower rice in 2 to 3 batches for evenly riced cauliflower.
- Now add 2 tablespoons butter to a pan along with the garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Add the garam masala, salt, turmeric, ground coriander, cumin, and yogurt.
- Cook for 3 minutes until all the spices start to simmer together.
- For the cauliflower rice, add tomato, garlic, and ginger, onion, in butter and let simmer for about 2 mins.
- Then add the cauli rice and cook until the rice is softened about 7 minutes.
- Stir everything together in intervals.
- Make the raita by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl, refrigerate until ready to use.
Tip: You can also add shrimps, chicken or egg if desired.
Nutritional Facts per Serving
Total Fat- 9 g
Cholesterol – 23mg
Sodium – 146mg
Total Carbs – 5.9g
Protein- 3.3 g
Fiber – 4.5 g
Savor this keto biryani for your weekend plans. If you like Indian food and seasonings, then try this and enjoy. Super easy and Healthy.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!