Are you feeling like having a drink on your keto diet, but wondering like it may kick you out of ketosis? Then keto-friendly drinks can be the answer. Drinks can buy you some time, allowing you to delay meals to fit your busy schedule.
Drinking, however, should not happen every day. In fact, ideally, we should stick to more cocktails than cocktails. But reality sometimes intervenes and drinking sort of takes over us so having them occasionally can be helpful in some situations.
The ketogenic diet, also known as the “keto diet,” is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that is designed to help the body enter a state of ketosis, in which it burns fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. While following a keto diet, it is important to choose drinks that are low in carbohydrates and sugar to help maintain a state of ketosis. Here are a few keto-friendly drink options to consider:
- Water: Water is the best choice for hydration while following a keto diet, as it is free of carbohydrates and calories. Try adding a slice of lemon or lime for flavor.
- Unsweetened tea: Unsweetened tea, such as black, green, or herbal tea, is a good choice for a keto-friendly drink. Just be sure to choose a variety that is unsweetened and does not contain added sugars.
- Unsweetened coffee: Unsweetened coffee is a good choice for a keto-friendly drink, as long as it is not loaded with sugar or high-carbohydrate creamers. Try adding a small amount of heavy cream or coconut milk for flavor and added healthy fats.
- Bone broth: Bone broth is a low-carbohydrate and high-protein drink that is a good choice for those following a keto diet. It is also rich in nutrients and can help to support gut health.
- Keto smoothies: Keto smoothies can be made with low-carbohydrate and high-fat ingredients, such as avocado, coconut milk, nuts, and seeds. Just be sure to avoid adding high-carbohydrate ingredients, such as fruit and sweeteners.
It is important to note that these are just a few examples of keto-friendly drinks and it is always important to pay attention to the nutritional content of the drinks you consume while following a keto diet. It is also important to speak with a healthcare provider or a registered dietitian before starting any new diet.
1. Sparkling Water
By the aforementioned logic, all no-calorie seltzers are keto as well. That means you don’t have to give up on Sparkling Water with the rest of what doesn’t fit your new keto lifestyle.
2. Diet Coke Or Coke Zero
I know you know diet coke or coke zero aren’t good for you, no matter the justification, but the truth is, they’re cool on keto.
3. Green Tea
You may as well get other health benefits while going keto. Green tea will give you the antioxidants and nutrients you need while still adhering to the diet. Bonus points if you add milk or cream, because, you know, those kinds of calories are good here.
4. Black Tea
The key to a delicious keto-friendly rum and coke is a perfect ratio of spirit to cola. If you\’re in the mood for a refreshing mixed drink, this is for you!
When it comes to drinks, it\’s pretty straightforward: pure spirits like whiskey contain zero carbs and are all fine on keto.
If you’re in the mood for a refreshing mixed drink, bring out the tequila and make yourself an amazing Margarita!
Just don’t add juice but tonic to your Vodka and bring out those shots already!
Add tonic to your zero-carb Gin and boost its carb count to 16 grams per serving!
11. Starbucks’ Peach Citrus White Tea
All it’s made of is unsweetened Peach Citrus White Tea, heavy cream, 2-4 pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup, and ice. All of those things are in the keto clear.
12. Starbucks Pink Drink
All you have to do is ask for passion tango tea, sugar-free syrup, and heavy or light creamer. Boom. Keto.
13. Michelob Ultra Beer
Yes, beer tends to be high in carbs, but there are some with a surprisingly low amount that you can enjoy in moderation. Michelob Ultra, for example, has 2.6 grams per bottle. Find a list of 15 low-carb beers here!
14. Keto Mojito
Keto Low-Carb Mojito Drink Cocktails is a quick and easy skinny recipe with rum, fresh mint, lime, and sugar-free sweetener.
These Keto-Friendly Drinks are our absolute favorite!
Giving up on our favorite non-keto drinks is one of the hardest parts about going to Keto but you don’t have to worry about this. We have got you covered with these amazing Keto-Friendly Drinks.
We love them and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us onInstagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.