Looking for more Indian recipes for Diabetes? Here we have delivered this Chicken Saag Recipe just for you! If you like a combination of creamy, spicy, and hearty, this recipe should be on your main course menu.
This Chicken Saag recipe can quickly be made any night of the week using frozen spinach and some chicken thighs. All you need to follow just a few steps and your main course meal is ready to serve!
- 1kg Skinless Chicken Legs
- 400 grams Spinach
- 100 grams Onions
- 100 grams Tomato
- 5 grams Ginger
- 5 grams garlic
- 100 g Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
- 50 grams Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- half Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder Salt to Taste
- Notch the chicken legs by cutting gashes into the flesh which will allow the marinade and flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, salt, chilly powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, and cumin powder and leave for an hour.
- Add all the spinach along with some water in a heavy saucepan and cover and cook for 5 minutes till fully wilted. Mash the mixture in your blender and set aside for later.
- Heat up the ghee in a saucepan and when hot saute the onions. Once they turn translucent then adjoin in the ginger and garlic and cook.
- As the onions start to get some color on them add in the tomatoes and give it all a good mix and cook for 2 minutes
- Then put in the chicken and give it all a good mix. Once the chicken starts to get some color on it add in the spinach puree (don’t forget to rinse out the blender with water) and give it all a good mix.
- Low down the heat and cover and cook for 10-12 minutes till the chicken is done and cooked all the way through.
- End with heavy whipping cream or double cream and serve.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 467
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 44g
- Fiber: 3g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!