Pumpkin seeds are small, flat, oval shape seeds that come from pumpkin fruit and help with weight loss. They are rich sources of nutrients like fiber, minerals, protein, vitamins, and so on. They are crunchy, tasty, and good for metabolism.
Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds-
- Pumpkin seeds are good sources of healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants that are good for your cardiovascular health. These seeds are helpful for people with heart diseases and help in controlling bad cholesterol. The magnesium in the seeds helps by regulating blood pressure levels.
- These are also rich in Tryptophan, an amino acid that gets converted to serotonin in the body, improving the quality of your sleep. A handful of seeds before you go to bed can be an easy and natural way to get a good night’s sleep.
- Pumpkin seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing arthritis pain. The seeds work as an easy home remedy for treating joint pain.
- The seeds are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals that help in boosting your immunity and reduce your chances of getting sick.
- The tiny pumpkin seeds are densely rich in nutrients, which helps keep you fuller for longer. The seeds are high in fiber keep you satiated and stop you from binge eating.
How Pumpkin Seeds Help In Weight Loss-
- Pumpkin seeds are high in dietary fiber. Fiber is known to help indigestion, and also helps manage diabetes by slowing down the rate at which sugar is released into the blood.
- Pumpkin seeds are a satiating mid-day snack and can be eaten on their own. Many households, especially in north India, dry the seeds and consume them as snacks. Their high-fiber content helps to keep you fuller for longer.
- Pumpkin seeds are super nutritious and are rich sources of nutrients and minerals such as zinc, protein, healthy fats, calcium, and others. They can provide these nutrients without adding extra weight to the body.
- Pumpkin Seeds are low in calories which makes them a great addition to your weight-loss diet. You can add pumpkin seeds to any of your food for a good crunch and taste.
Ways to consume pumpkin seeds-
- You can roast pumpkin seeds and have them as a snack.
- Grind some pumpkin seeds and add them to your salads and curries.
- Add pumpkin seeds to smoothies
- Mix them in your homemade sauces
- You can garnish your cupcakes, cakes, brownies, and muffins with these seeds.