Detoxifying your body from time to time can be really beneficial for you. Detoxing means the removal of toxins from your body or the cleansing of the blood. The body then removes the toxins through the kidneys, lungs and intestine, and even the skin.
There are various ways to detox your body. Some do it by consuming a detox diet and others by drinking detox water. This blog will tell you all you need to know about detox water, and detox water recipes and also tell you how you can make them at home.
What is Detox Water?
Detox water helps to remove toxins from the blood and is made by soaking various fruits, vegetables, and herbs in normal water. This infuses all the health properties of them in the water which can be really beneficial for the body. Making a detox water recipe can be really beneficial for your health as it can aid in weight loss, improve digestion, and much more.
Benefits of Detox Water
Detox water is made by infusing various veggies, fruits, and herbs in simple water. This infuses all the health properties of the added ingredients in the water. Detox water has tons of benefits, let’s take a look at them.
1. Weight Loss
Drinking optimal amounts of water can help you to lose weight because water raises the metabolic rate of the body which helps you to burn more calories. Having detox water for weight loss will not only help you to lose weight but also provide the body with extra nutrients due to the infusion of various veggies, herbs, and fruits in the water. If you are on a weight loss journey then do check out these Vegetables for Weight Loss
Drinking water has been associated with reduced appetite which helps in weight loss. There is a study published in PubMed Central that shows overweight adults who drank half a liter of water before their meals lost 40% more weight than those who did not. In order to lose weight, you can make a detox water recipe at home. Another way to lose weight is to be in a calorie deficit and follow and calorie-deficit diet plan. If you want to know more about it then do read about Calorie Deficit Diet & How to Follow it
2. Improves Digestion
Drinking sufficient amounts of water is really beneficial for the gut. It helps to break down the food so your body can absorb it. Drinking good amounts of water also helps in good bowel movements which can make you feel less constipated.
Drinking detox water will provide you with additional health benefits as the water is infused with the properties of various vegetables, herbs, and fruits. It can also make you feel more refreshed.
3. Improves Immunity
For a well-functioning body, it is crucial for it to have good immunity. There isn’t much evidence that shows if detox water can improve immunity. Fruits, veggies, and herbs however can help the help the immune system but the amount of nutrients you get from detox water is really minimal. You can still have detox water for its other health benefits.
4. Improves Energy Levels
Proper hydration can affect the mood and energy levels in your body. There have been Various studies that have shown that low levels of hydration in the body can cause headaches, reduce mood and also reduce concentration. Having detox water will not only keep you hydrated but also give you additional health benefits. You can easily make a detox water recipe at home.
14 Delicious Detox Water Recipes
Detox water helps to detoxify the body by removing all the toxins from the blood. It can also help you lose weight and water helps to boost the metabolic rate of the body. Improved mood and energy levels are also some of its benefits. If you are just getting started with weight loss these detox water recipes can be a great addition to a 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss. You can make various detox water recipes at home which are not only delicious but also really good for the body. Let’s take a look.
1. Cooling Cucumber Water
Cucumber is really high in nutrients. It is also great to keep the body hydrated and also contains a lot of antioxidants. It is easy to make and is one of the best detox water recipes. Here is how you can make cooling cucumber water.
- Lemon (additional)
How to Make
Step 1: Take a large pitcher, bottle, or jug and add chopped cucumber, mint leaves, and some lemon.
Step 2: Now let the water sit for about 30 minutes as this will absorb all the flavor into the water.
Step 3: Add some ice cubes and serve.
Benefits of Cooling Cucumber Water
1. Cucumber contains many nutrients including many essential vitamins and minerals such as VitaminC, Vitamin K, Magnesium, and Potassium. Therefore, having cucumber detox water or eating cucumber as it is can be really beneficial for the body.
2. Cucumber is also high in antioxidants which help the body fight against free radicals and reduce oxidative stress which has been associated with autoimmune disease.
3. Cucumber has a lot of water content and therefore helps to promote hydration in the body. Having cucumber detox water can be really helpful for the body as water is responsible for a lot of important functions in the body such as temperature regulation making it one of the best detox water recipes. Here are some other Best Weight Loss Drinks You Must Know
2. Watermelon & Mint Refresher
This refreshing detox drink is not only delicious but also very nutritious. It has the goodness of watermelon which helps to fight inflammation and mint which helps with indigestion. It is one of the best detox water for weight loss and here is how you can make this detox water recipe
- Chopped watermelon – 1 cup
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Cold water
- Ice cubes
How to Make
Step 1: In a mason jar or a jug add watermelon, some lemon slices, and mint leaves at the bottom.
Step 2: Now add cold water and add some ice cubes and serve.
Benefits of Watermelon and Mint Refresher
1. Watermelon has tons of essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C which is essential for the body to absorb iron. To know more about the amazing properties of watermelon you can read about Watermelon Nutrition – Calories, Protein, Carbs
2. Mint can help boost immunity and protect the cells of the body from damage. It also contains a good amount of antioxidants as well.
3. Mint is also widely used to treat bad breath because it has a lot of germicidal properties.
3. Ginger Mint Water
This detox water for weight loss is great as it contains ginger and mint in it. Ginger is anti-inflammatory in nature and mint contains good amounts of antioxidants. Here is how you can make this detox water recipe at home.
- Grated ginger – 2 spoon
- 2 lemon slices
- Mint leaves
- Pinch of salt
How to Make
Step 1: Heat some water in a pan and add mint leaves and ginger to it.
Step 2: Now turn off the flame and add some salt and lemon pieces and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Step 3: You can strain it as well. Enjoy!
Benefits of Ginger Mint Water
1. Ginger is widely used in a lot of Indian recipes and they offer a lot of health benefits. It contains gingerol which has a lot of medicinal properties.
2. Having ginger and mint detox water can also help to lower blood sugar levels.
3. Mint is rich in nutrients as well as contains vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Iron, and Manganese. Mint can also help with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
4. Cucumber, Lemon, Mint Water
The is one of the best detox water for weight loss because of its ingredients. These 3 ingredients are nutrition powerhouses, packing nutrients that are really good for the body. Let’s learn how to make this detox water recipe.
- Cucumber slices
- Lemon slices
- Mint leaves
How to Make
Step 1: Add all the ingredients to a pitcher or jug full of water.
Step 2: Refrigerate for an hour and enjoy
Benefits of Cucumber, Lemon, Mint Water
1. Cucumber contains various antioxidants and can also lower blood sugar levels. It also has fiber in it which helps in digestion. Did you know about the Top 19 Foods Rich in Fiber to Have Daily
2. Ginger is anti-inflammatory which helps the body fight against inflammation and it also has a lot of medicinal properties.
3. Mint helps to treat bad breath and also contains antioxidants
5. Green Water
This detox water for weight is easy to make and has a lot of health benefits. It is widely consumed and is one of the best detox water for weight loss Here is how you can make this detox water recipe.
- Lemon juice
- Parsley – 1 cup
- 3 stalk celery
- Mint – 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup coriander
How to Make
Step 1: Blend lemon juice, parsley, celery, mint, and coriander into a paste
Step 2: Now add this paste to water and mix it well
Step 3: Add some ice cubes and enjoy
Benefits of Green Water
1. Since this detox water is filled with veggies, it has a lot of nutritional value. Lemon juice for example has Vitamin C which helps in the absorption of Iron in the body.
2. Parsley is great for blood pressure and has good amounts of Vitamin K in it which is good for bone health.
3. Mint contains antioxidants that help the body fight against oxidative stress.
6. Green Power Celery Water
Celery is great for heart health and may have some anti inflammatory properties as well. This detox water for weight loss has the goodness of celery in it and is really easy to make. Here is how you can make this detox water recipe
- Celery sticks
- Chopped cucumber
- Ginger pieces
How to Make
Step 1: Using a juicer, juice the celery in a jug.
Step 2: Now juice the cucumber, apple, and ginger and mix it with the celery juice.
Step 3: Mix it well and pour it into a glass and enjoy. You can also use some ice cubes.
Benefits of Green Powder Celery Water
1. This detox water for weight loss has a lot of vegetables which offer a lot of nutritional value. Cucumber is great for digestive health and also hydrates the body.
2. Celery can help to regulate blood sugar levels in the body and also support heart health.
3. Ginger as we all know improves the immunity of the body.
7. Grapefruit Rosemary Water
Rosemary has many antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which help the immune system and also improve blood circulation in the body. This is one of the best detox water for weight loss and here is how you can make it.
- 5- 6 rosemary springs
- 1-2 sliced grapefruit
- cold water
How To Make
Step 1: Put all the ingredients in a jar and add some cold water to it.
Step 2: Wait for 30 minutes, this will infuse all the properties of the ingredients in the water. Pour some ice and enjoy!
Benefits of Grapefruit Rosemary Water
1. This detox water for weight loss has good amounts of Vitamin C coming from grapefruit which helps to boost immunity and protect the body from various viruses and bacteria.
2. Rosemary is really rich in manganese content which is great for metabolic health. Manganese helps to prevent the formation of blood clots.
3. Having rosemary detox water can also help to reduce stress and improve sleep.
8. Apple Cinnamon Water
Apple is one of the most widely consumed vegetables in the world. It is fast and has numerous health benefits. You can also make detox water for weight loss with it. Here’s how you can make this detox water recipe.
- Thinley sliced apples
- Cinnamon sticks 1-2
How To Make
Step 1: Take a pitcher and place thinly sliced apple and cinnamon sticks in it
Step 2: Now add some water to the pitcher and allow it to infuse.
Step 3: Add some ice cubes and enjoy cold
Health Benefits of Apple Cinnamon Water
1. This is one of the most consumed and one of the best detox water for weight loss as it contains cinnamon which is really good for blood sugar control.
2. Apple on the other hand has a lot of nutrients as well such as Vitamin C, Potassium, and Vitamin K.
3. Apples also have various flavonoids which reduce the risk of stroke and other heart ailments.
9. Nimbu Paani
Nimbu paani also known as lemon water is one of the most widely consumed drinks in India. It is really refreshing and is mostly consumed in the summer. It is really easy to make as well. To make this detox water recipe just follow the steps given below.
- Lemon juice
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- Ice cubes
How to Make Nimbu Paani
Step 1: Squeeze some lemon juice in a glass and add salt and sugar according to taste
Step 2: Now fill the glass with water, mix everything well, and add some ice cubes.
Benefits of Nimbu Paani
1. The main ingredient in this detox water for weight loss is lemon which is really rich in Vitamin C.
2. Vitamin C is responsible for a lot of important functions in the body such as the formation of collagen which makes your skin, tendons, and ligaments
3. Vitamin C is also really crucial for the absorption of Iron in the body. To know more bout how lemons can benefit the body, read Lemon Nutrition – Calories, Protein, Carbs
10. Tulsi Tea
Tulis tea is one of the most consumed tea in India. It is really beneficial for the body as it helps to lower cholesterol in the body and make the immune system stronger. You can easily make this detox water recipe at home.
- Tusli leaves – 1tsp
- One and a half cups of water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp honey
How To Make
Step 1: Boil some water and add some tulsi leaves and cook it for about 10-25 minutes on medium flame
Step 2: Now strain the water using a strainer and add lemon juice, and honey, and mix well. Serve warm.
Health Benefits of Tulsi Tea
1. Tulis is really good for immunity because it contains zinc and Vitamin C. It protects the body from infections.
2. It also has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties as well.
3. Tusli also works great against respiratory disorders because it has camphene, cineole, and eugenol.
11. Mint Lime Fizz
This is a great and refreshing detox water that you can make easily at home. It is really good for the body as well. Here is how you can make this detox water recipe for weight loss.
- Lime juice
- 450 ml water
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Ice cube
- Soda (optional)
How To Make
Step 1: In a blender, blend the lime juice and water. You can also add some sugar and salt.
Step 2: Now pour it into a glass and add some mint leaves
Step 3: Add some ice cubes and serve
Benefits of Mint Lime Fizz
1. This detox water is really refreshing and has tons of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C which is important for the formation of collagen in the body.
2. Mint is a great treatment for bad breath and also contains antioxidants.
3. Having this detox water for weight loss can also help with indigestion.
12. Carrot Detox Drink
Carrots are used in a lot of Indian recipes and are really nutritious. You can also use carrots to make one of the best detox water recipe for weight loss.
- 2 carrots – medium size
- 2 oranges (optional)
- Grated Ginger – 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
How To Make
Step 1: Make a puree of all the ingredients by adding them to a blender.
Step 2: Now strain the juice using a strainer into a glass and enjoy. You can also add some ice cubes if you want.
Benefits of Carrot Detox Drink
1. Carrots are great for heart health and can also help to lower cholesterol.
2. They are really good for the eyes as well because they contain Vitamin A which is crucial for eye health.
3. Turmeric used in their detox water recipe is anti-inflammatory and helps to fight off inflammation in the body. Learn more about Carrot Nutrition – Calories, Protein, Carbs
13. Coriander Water
Coriander is used in a lot of recipes in India. It has a unique flavor and also offers a lot of health benefits. You can also use coriander to make a detox water for weight loss and here is how you can make this detox water recipe
- Coriander leaves
- Sliced lemon
How To Make
Step 1: Put the coriander leaves in a jar and also add some sliced lemon pieces.
Step 2: Now add water and some ice cubes if you want. Now wait for 30 minutes and let it infuse in the water. Your detox water for weight loss is ready
Benefits of Coriander Water
1. Coriander is really effective in lowering blood sugar levels. Therefore, it is really healthy for people who have Diabetes.
2. It is also high in antioxidants which help to prevent cell damage in the body.
3. Caorriander can also help to lower the bad cholesterol in the body and increase the good cholesterol making it one of the best detox water for weight loss.
14. Chia Seed Detox Water
We all know how healthy chia seeds are, guess what? you can also make a detox drink using them. Chia seeds have good amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which is good for heart and brain health. To make this detox water recipe just follow the steps given below.
- Chia seeds – 1tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1tbsp
- Mint leaves – 5
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
How To Make Chia Seed Detox Water
Step 1. In a glass add some chia seeds and water.
Step 2. Now add some mint leaves, lemon juice, and honey and let it side for about 30 minutes.
Step 3. Make sure all the ingredients are properly mixed. Your detox water is ready!
Benefits of Chia Seed Detox Water
1. Chia seeds contain good amounts of omega- 3 fatty acids which is great for the brain and the heart as well.
2. Consuming chia seeds can also help to lower the cholesterol in the body.
3. Chia seeds also have abundant amounts of fiber in them which means they are great for digestion. To know more about how amazing chia seeds are, read about Chia seeds Nutrition – Calories, Protein, Carbs
What Do You Need To Make Detox Water?
Detox water is great for the body because it helps to remove toxins from the body. It also has a lot of other health benefits, from aiding digestion to improving immunity, detox water can help function in an optimal way. You can make a lot of detox water recipes at home which do not require too much time and effort and the best part, you can carry them in your water bottle and drink them whenever you feel like it. Here are some easy and common detox water recipes you can make at home.
- Nimbu Paani
- Corriander Water
- Carrot Detox Drink
- Tulsi Tea
The steps to make these detox water recipes have been mentioned above in the blog so make sure to give it a try.
Does Detox Water Aids In Losing Weight?
Water helps to increase the metabolic rate of the body which helps to burn more calories. This can result in weight loss. Drinking detox water not only increases the metabolic rate of the body but also provides you with additional vitamins and minerals.
What is the Best Time To Drink Detox Water For Weight Loss?
The best time to drink detox water will be early in the morning on an empty stomach because nutrient absorption is the highest in the morning.
Is Infused Water Good for Your Health?
Infused water can offer a lot of health benefits such as appetite control, better digestion, weight loss, and more.
Can we drink detox water in winter?
You can have detox water in any season. It offers many health benefits which your body needs all the time despite what the season it is.
How much detox water per day is sufficient?
The amount of detox water you require in a day will vary from person to person. Taking the advice of your nutritionist or doctor is advisable.