Amla is also known by the name of Indian gooseberries. Native to India this fruit is sour in taste and offers a lot of health benefits. It has been a part of Indian cuisine for centuries. To get its health benefits you can either add it to your recipes or make juice from it. In this blog, we will be discovering amla juice benefits or gooseberry juice benefits if you are not from the Indian subcontinent.
What is Amla Juice?
Amla juice as the name suggests is a juice made out of amla (Indian gooseberries). Amla juice can be made in a lot of ways such as by grinding them or putting them in a juicer. One thing is for certain, it is really good for your health. From better liver health to heart health, amla juice benefits or gooseberry juice benefits are plenty!
10 Health Benefits of Amla Juice (GooseBerry)
- Amla Juice Improves Liver Health
- Amla Juice helps in healthy digestion
- Amla Juice helps to promote heart health
- Amla Juice may help to Improve Hair Health
- Amla Juice helps to promote immune function
- Amla Juice helps to improve Kidney Health
- Amla Juice helps in Weight Loss
- Amla Juice lowers Cholesterol Levels
- Amla Juice has anti-inflammatory properties
- Amla Juice helps to maintain Blood Glucose
- Amla Juice Benefits for Skin
1. Amla Juice Improves Liver Health
Your liver plays a crucial role in the body. It stores all the glycogen stores in the body and also helps to detoxify the blood. Hence, it is really important to keep the liver healthy and functioning well and you can do this by having a glass of amla juice.
Amla juice benefits for the liver are plenty. It is anti-inflammtory in nature and contains antioxidants that help the liver. Regular consumption of amla juice can also decrease the risk of fatty liver disease. Want to discover more about the benefits of gooseberry juice benefits, Read our Weight loss Blogs
2. Amla Juice Helps In Healthy Digestion
For a body to function properly, good digestion is required. Drinking amla juice can surely help with it. Amla juice contains Vitamin C and antioxidants which help in digestion. It also has fiber in it which adds bulk to the food and ensures good bowel movements.
You will be surprised to know that Vitamin C protects the cells of the digestive tract from damage and the antioxidants in it protect the body from free radicals which can cause cancer in the gut. To get maximum amla juice benefits or gooseberry juice benefits you can drink it daily. Buy weightloss diet plan
3. Amla Juice Helps To Promote Heart Health
There are a lot of amla juice benefits or gooseberry juice benefits for the heart as well. It helps lower cholesterol, inflammation, and even blood pressure. Amls juice has a lot of antioxidants that prevent free radicals (unstable molecules) from causing damage to the heart cells.
Vitamin C found in amla juice helps in the production of collagen, a protein that is crucial to keep the heart healthy. Nutrients such as potassium, folate, and magnesium help regulate and lower blood pressure and blood clots. Hence, it is safe to say that the amla juice benefits for the heart are plenty. Read more about Intermittent Fasting
4. Amla Juice May Help To Improve Hair Health
If you want to make your hair healthier then look no further than a glass of amla juice. There have been various studies and research that there are amla juice benefits for your hair. There are a lot of reasons why you should use amla juice for hair:
- Better collagen production: Consuming amla juice for hair can help in collagen production. Collagen is what gives strength to your hair. It also prevents the hair from breaking.
- Prevents hair damage: The antioxidants present in amla juice help protect your hair from the free radicals that can damage it.
- Can stimulate hair growth: The reason why you should drink amla juice for hair is because of certain compounds in it which can promote hair growth.
Hence, by drinking amla juice daily you will not only ensure good hair health but will also benefit from other amla juice benefits as well. Buy Health Plans
5. Amla Juice Helps To Promote Immune Function
Your body’s immunity prevents you from contracting various kinds of diseases and is really crucial to have a strong immune system. Luckily, amla juice can help improve your immune system. Given below are the amla juice benefits for your immune system.
- More white blood cell production: Amla juice helps in the production of white blood cells in the body which help to fight against infection.
- Stopping free radicals: These are basically unstable molecules that cause cell damage in the body and amla juice can help to stop it.
- Anti-inflammtory: Amla juice has a lot of anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce and fight inflammation in the body. It can also help to improve immunity.
Hence, to get the most out of amla juice benefits or gooseberry juice benefits you can add it to your diet. Know more about Amla Juice Nutrition
6. Amla Juice Helps To Improve Kidney Health
There are many amla juice benefits for the kidneys as well. They prevent your kidneys from oxidative damage and age-induced kidney dysfunction. The antioxidants present in amla juice can also benefit your kidneys. One of the reasons is that it helps to fight off free radicals in the body which can cause cell damage in the kidneys.
7. Amla Juice Helps In Weight Loss
If you are trying to lose some weight then you can drink amla juice for weightloss and take advantage of amla juice benefits by adding it to your diet. Amla has fiber in it, a nutrient that is really crucial for weight loss. Not only it helps to improve digestion it also makes you feel fuller by adding bulk to the food.
Drinking amla juice can also boost your metabolism, a factor that helps in weight loss. Also, amala juice is low in calories so you don’t have to think twice before drinking it. To get maximum amla juice benefits, you can drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
8. Amla Juice Lowers Cholesterol Levels
Amla juice benefits also include low cholesterol levels. High levels of cholesterol in the body can lead to a heart attack or blocked arteries. For good cardiovascular health, it is essential to keep a check on your cholesterol levels from time to time. Adding amla juice to your diet can help with this issue. Nutrients present in amla juice such as folate, magnesium, and potassium can help to reduce cholesterol in the body. You can also drink amla juice for weightloss.
9. Amla Juice Has Anti-inflammatory Properties
Your body can suffer from inflammation due to a lot of reasons, be it an infection or some illness. Adding anti-inflammatory foods and drinks like amla juice can help fight off inflammation in the body. Thanks to the antioxidants present in amla juice. This is one of the best amla juice benefits.
10. Amla Juice Helps To Maintain Blood Glucose
People who are diabetics can enjoy amla juice benefits by adding it to their diet. Chromium present in the amla juice helps to control blood sugar in the body and improve insulin sensitivity in the body. Amla juice also helps to fight off inflammation in the pancreas, the organ which produces insulin. If you are on a weight loss journey then you can also drink amla juice for weightloss.
Amla Juice Benefits for Skin
There are also some amla juice benefits for skin. There are certain properties that amla has that can give you much healthier skin. Here are some amla juice benefits for the skin:
- Treats acne: Nobody likes acne. Amla juice can help purify blood and reduce acne on the skin.
- Prevents premature aging: Amla juice is really effective in fighting off wrinkles. Thanks to the antioxidants present in it.
- Reduces stress: Amla juice helps to reduce stress which can lead to healthier skin.
Amla Juice Benefits To Support Cancer Treatment
Amla juice can help in cancer treatment and here’s how:
- Antioxidant content: The antioxidants present in amla juice such as Vitamin C, quercetin, and ellagic acid can help to fight off free radicals in the body which can cell damage can may lead to cancer.
- Chemoprotective properties: Amla juice has certain properties in it which can protect the body against the bad effects of chemotherapy.
- Better immunity: Amla juice helps in the production of white blood cells which improves immunity. This can help to fight off cancer cells.
To get the maximum amla juice benefits, you can have it in the morning.
Benefits of Amla Juice for Hair
There are many amla juice benefits for the hair as well. It can help in the following way:
- Produces collagen: Amla juice for hair is really healthy. Vitamin C present in amla juice helps in the production of collagen which helps to make the stronger and prevent breakage.
- Reduces inflammation: The antioxidants present in amla juice help to reduce inflammation in the skill which can cause hair loss.
Hence, you drink amla juice for hair for strong and healthy hair.
Benefits of Amla Juice for Weight Loss
The amla juice benefits and benefits of drinking amla juice in empty stomach are not limited as it can also help you to lose weight. It is due to reasons such as:
- Low in calories: Amla juice is really low in calories which means it won’t affect your daily calorie.
- High in fiber: Fiber is important for weight loss and amla juice has loads of it. Fiber adds more bulk to the food and keeps you satiated. This can reduce appetite and reduce the overall calories you consume in a day.
Uses of Amla
So by now, you are fully aware of the benefits amla juice brings to the table and how beneficial it is for the body. But pretty sure Amla isn’t just used to make Amla juice right? Given below are some more uses of amla:
- In foods and recipes: Amla has been a part of Indian cuisine for a long time. It is used to make various recipes and even pickles.
- It is used to make oil: Amla is also used to make amla oil which is really beneficial for hair growth. It helps in the formation of collagen which gives strength to the hair.
- Used as a drink: Amla is also used to make various health drinks that offer a lot of health benefits such as better liver and heart health and lower cholesterol levels. To enjoy amla juice benefits, you can make it a part of your diet.
Side Effects of Amla
Every food has its benefits and side effects. Given below are some side effects that come with consuming amla:
- May irritate the skin
What happens if you drink Amla juice daily?
Amla juice has a lot of health benefits. It can help you to have better liver and heart health, lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar levels, and much more. However, it is best to consume amla juice in moderation due to its acidic nature.
Can we drink Amla daily?
The benefits of drinking amla juice in empty stomach are plenty as it can help improve your immune system and digestion. It is best however to consume it in moderation.
Can I drink raw amla juice daily?
You can consume amla juice daily but it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
How much amla juice should I drink daily?
You can have 1-2 amla every day in the form of juice or raw. It has many health benefits. It is best to consult your doctor before doing the same.
Which time is best for drinking amla?
You can have amla in the morning on an empty stomach to enjoy its benfits. Make sure to not overconsume amla as it can lead to some side effects.
Benefits of drinking amla juice in empty stomach?
The Benefits of drinking amla juice in empty stomach are plenty such as:
- Better immune system
- Good liver health
- Good cardiovascular health
- Good skin health
What are Indian gooseberry juice benefits?
Indian gooseberry juice benefits are plenty, from being good for your heart and liver to reducing cholesterol in your body. These fruits have a lot to offer to your health.