Apple cider vinegar for weight loss has been used for a very long time for medicinal purposes. Moreover, people have now started using it in a number of ways in drinks, foods and for medicinal purposes. But how is it made? They essentially combine apples, sugar and yeast and double ferment it in order to make Apple cider vinegar.
However, the real question is- drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss, actually helps with weight loss? Let’s find out the answer here! So read on to know more about how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss, the science behind it and lots more! (Buy weight loss products)
Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help to Lose Weight?
Drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss has gained popularity over the years. (Check out our weight loss plans)
- Since ancient times, apple vinegar for weight loss has been used in medicine. Weight loss is among the most recent of the alleged health advantages of apple cider vinegar. Since a few years ago, the “apple vinegar for weight loss diet” has gained popularity. It is also referred to as the “apple cider vinegar detox.”
- Despite the fact that studies have not conclusively demonstrated using apple vinegar for weight loss, some research points to the potential benefits of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss.
- Apple vinegar for weight loss promotes satiety, thereby reducing overall calorie intake, which is thought to be the root of its possible weight loss advantages. Furthermore, drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss may enhance blood sugar regulation, which may influence weight management.
- Hence, it is difficult to say if Apple Vinegar for weight loss actually works in or not. While some studies such as the 2009 study presented findings that apple vinegar for weight loss has remarkable benefits on body fat and weight management. There are other researches that suggest otherwise.
Now that you know if ACV can help with weight loss or not, let’s look at some apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
If you’re thinking about how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss, bear the following apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss in mind:
- Pick the appropriate type: Choose unfiltered, organic apple vinegar for weight loss with the “mother.” The cloudy component of the vinegar known as the “mother” includes healthy bacteria and enzymes.
- Dilute it: Because Apple vinegar for weight loss is acidic, consuming it undiluted could lead to tooth erosion and throat irritation. Before consuming, combine 1-2 tablespoons of ACV with 8–10 ounces of water or other liquids (such as herbal tea).
- Start with little amounts: If you’re new to using apple vinegar for weight loss, start out with smaller dosages and gradually increase them as tolerated.
- Keep an eye on your body’s reaction: Take note of how your body responds to apple vinegar for weight loss. Some people could feel bloated or have an upset stomach as a result of digestive discomfort. It is advised to limit or stop using it and seek medical advice if you notice any negative side effects.
Now that you know apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss, let’s look at the science behind it!
Science Behind Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Now that you know about how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss, let’s dive into the science behind drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss.
Further study is necessary to determine the precise mechanisms via which apple cider vinegar (ACV) may help in weight loss. However, here are a few potential effects of Apple Cider Vinegar: (Check out Vanalaya Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Increased satiety: Apple Cider Vinegar may help suppress appetite and increase feelings of satiety, which would result in less calorie consumption. The acetic acid in Apple Cider Vinegar, which may delay stomach emptying and reduce carbohydrate digestion, may be responsible for this effect.
- Better Insulin Sensitivity: Better insulin sensitivity and better blood sugar regulation have both been linked to improved blood sugar regulation when using Apple Cider Vinegar. Maintaining stable blood sugar levels may help with weight control and lessen the likelihood of binge eating.
- Fat burning and metabolism: Some evidence suggests that Apple Cider Vinegar may have some effect on these processes. The impacts, however, are quite minor and might not make a big difference in weight loss on their own.
Should you try ACV for Weight Loss?
The decision of drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss is an individual one that is influenced by a number of variables. Although ACV for weight loss has received widespread popularity over the years as a weight loss aid, there isn’t a lot of scientific evidence to back this up. Instead of depending on ACV as a stand-alone treatment, it’s critical to approach it as a potential component of a whole weight management strategy. Nonetheless, individual aspects like general health, food preferences, and any current medical issues must also be taken into account while assessing apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss.
Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes for Weight Loss
Here are some recipes using apple cider vinegar (ACV) that you may include in your diet to aid with weight loss:
1. Morning detox drink with ACV for weight loss:
One of the best apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss is this morning detox drink. Let’s see how to make one:-
- Combine 1 cup of warm water and 1 spoonful of ACV in a glass.
- Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Optional: For flavour, mix with a spoonful of honey or a dash of cinnamon.
- Stir well, then consume it first thing in the morning without food.
2. Salad Dressing with ACV for weight loss:
This Salad dressing is one of the most popular apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss. Let’s see how to make it:-
- Combine 2 tablespoons of ACV and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add a sprinkle of black pepper, a bit of salt, and a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Optional: Incorporate minced garlic or fresh herbs for flavour.
- Mix thoroughly, then sprinkle over your preferred salad.
3. Green Smoothie with ACV for weight loss
This green smoothie is yet another one of apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss. Here’s how to make it:-
- Blend one small banana, one tablespoon of ACV, and one cup of almond milk with one cup of spinach or kale.
- Optional: For an additional nutritional boost, mix in a scoop of protein powder or a tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Enjoy as a snack or meal substitute, puree until smooth.
4. Grilled chicken with an ACV marinade:
Marination is one of the best apple cider vinegar uses for weight loss. Let’s see how to do it:-
- Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tablespoons of ACV, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Chicken breasts should marinate for at least 30 minutes after being added to the mixture.
- Enjoy the marinated chicken on the grill with your preferred side dishes after it has finished cooking.
Check out more weight loss recipes.
Expert Review on Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
In conclusion, drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss has limited evidence for us to consider it as a definite source of weight loss. However, apple cider vinegar benefits can’t go unnoticed. It promotes a feeling of fullness, helps with better management of blood sugar levels, etc. Hence, it is important to note that you can use ACV as part of a weight loss diet for the numerous health benefits it offers but can’t depend on it entirely for your weight loss goals. In any case, if you wish to incorporate ACV as part of your diet, it is essential to know its side effects and consult a professional to know if it suits your body well enough. Nonetheless, always remember to use it in moderation. (Check out our weight loss blogs)
Can apple cider vinegar burn belly fat?
No, there is no scientific evidence that shows drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss helps with burning belly fat. Belly fat reduction and effective weight management occur through the combination of regular exercise and a calorie deficit diet.
How to lose belly fat in 2 weeks?
Losing a significant amount of belly fat in 2 weeks is difficult. However, you can start your belly fat reduction journey by a combination of following a calorie deficit diet and regular exercise. (Read more about How to reduce belly fat)
Can I drink apple cider vinegar every day?
While you can have ACV for weight loss every day, remember to consume it in moderation. The recommended dosage of ACV is 1-2 tablespoons of ACV diluted in 240-480 ml of water.
Who should not drink apple cider vinegar?
People who are on some medications, or people with digestive issues or ones with tooth enamel erosion should avoid drinking Apple cider vinegar for weight loss.
What is the best time to drink apple cider vinegar?
One can consider having apple cider vinegar for weight loss 20-30 minutes before meals in order to ensure better digestion and appetite control.