Turmeric Tea is one of the Indian go-to’s when whipping up healthy smoothies and drinks. The flavour of this tea is milder than any other juice, making it a satisfying drink that you can enjoy all day long. Here’s what you need to make it:-
- Turmeric: Used ground turmeric here since it’s much easier to find and keep in my pantry.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice lends a bright pop of citrus flavour.
- Honey: Like my tea with a hint of sweetness. If you prefer, use maple syrup in its place.
- Black Pepper: Add just a pinch since black pepper helps your body absorb the curcumin from the turmeric.
Turmeric is terrific for anyone with autoimmune conditions due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that curcumin can help with certain autoimmune conditions by regulating inflammatory signals. Turmeric’s antioxidant ingredients also help fight chronic inflammation which can diminish your immune system, making this tea a perfect addition to your wellness regimen during cold weather.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon raw honey
HOW TO MAKE TURMERIC TEA-
Boil water, and make turmeric tea! Just a few simple steps and be sipping to good health.
- Add the water, turmeric, lemon juice, honey, and black pepper to a small pot, then whisk together.
- Heat on high just until the tea starts to boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let the tea cool for a minute or two. Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy.
Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Lifestyle!