Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a complex condition that affects women of reproductive age. In this, the ovaries generate an excessive amount of androgens – male sex hormones that are produced in women in small amounts. It is a health condition where numerous small cysts form in the ovaries. However, some women with this disorder might not have cysts, while some women without the disorder might develop cysts.
This disorder causes various health-related problems which can be improved with some home remedies of PCOS:
- Obesity or massive weight gain
- Ovarian cysts
- Irregular period cycles
- Problems in pregnancy
- Acne and unwanted hair growth
Cure of PCOS
As said by the doctors, there is no proven cure for PCOS but there are many other ways to manage symptoms of PCOS to ensure that they do not get worse.
Progestin therapy and birth control pills to regulate hormones might be prescribed when consulted by a doctor. Diabetic medication can also be recommended when sugar levels cross the bar. The most significant factor to keep in check is a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Symptoms of PCOS can be managed and eased through a few lifestyle and dietary supplements, but there’s no cure for treatment.
Home Remedies for PCOS
Significant home remedies include lifestyle changes and herbal remedies to manage the symptoms of PCOS. Some of the suggested home remedies are listed below:
1. Dietary Changes
Eating healthier foods and avoiding a certain range of ingredients may help in managing the symptoms. A nutritious diet can help in regulating the imbalance in hormones and the irregular menstrual cycle. Avoiding processed, heavily preserved foods can contribute to lowering inflammation and insulin resistance.
Tips to keep in mind
- Choose whole foods
- Go for anti-inflammatory foods
- Balance the number of carbs and proteins in your meals
- Increase the iron intake
- Incorporate fiber in the meals for easy digestion
- Increase your magnesium intake
- Avoid coffee
- Incorporate soy products
High-intensity training with short intervals and running may help control symptoms of PCOS. Sports like swimming and light aerobics can also help.
3. Adaptogen herbs
When the body is unable to regulate insulin, its levels can increase in your body and cause increased levels of androgens. Adaptogen herbs help the body in balancing androgens. Some adaptogen herbs also help to ease symptoms of PCOS, like irregular periods.
- Mulethi – Take a cup of hot water, mix Mulethi root powder in it and use it for two months. This Mulethi tea can be used for longer to have prolonged effects.
- Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds can be consumed by adding to the daily diet in the form of milkshakes and smoothies or they can also be directly consumed which can be beneficial for overall health.
- Aloe Vera Gel – It helps in restoring the levels of a hormone in the ovaries. It is used along with certain other compounds to make formulations to manage the symptoms of PCOS.
- Chamomile Tea – It helps in managing the levels of hormonal imbalance. It can be consumed in the form of tea.
- Cinnamon – It can be used as a tea and can be taken daily. It also comes in tablet forms but they should be consumed after consulting a doctor.
- Omega 3 Supplements or Fish Oil
3. Good sleep routine
Sleep affects stress levels and helps in regulating cortisol in order to balance the hormones. According to studies, most women go through an unhealthy sleep routine. In order to improve the sleep routine:
- Eight to ten hours of sleep every day
- Fatty foods and stimulants should be avoided before bedtime
- A regular bedtime schedule should be incorporated
4. Do not stress
Reduced stress levels can help regulate cortisol. Activities like yoga and remedies like getting enough sleep, and cutting caffeine, can help in lowering stress levels. Taking long walks and taking out time for self-care can also help in reducing stress.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!