Ever wondered what it would be like to have those perfectly curved hips like Shakira’s and dance to her popular songs? For most of us, every time we hear her popular number Hips Don’t Lie being telecasted on television, we get into a zone where we see ourselves shaking our hips effortlessly like she does and is full of energy. Then suddenly we glance back to look in the mirror and realize that the picture isn’t perfect after all. There’s a lot of work that we need to do on our hips to get that perfectly toned, sculpted curve. Well, don’t fret just yet, we have your back. Many people tend to have accumulated fat in this part of the body, especially women. Some great hip slimming exercises are suitable for working in this area which burns accumulated fat making you look slimmer and fitter.
Some easy and effective hip slimming exercises for you –
1. Squats- Squatting is known to be the most basic form of exercise which hits straight to the thighs, gluteus muscles, hips, and lower back. It’s a very simple yet effective form of hip-slimming exercise.
Here’s How you do It:
- Stand with legs hip-width apart, and toes pointed towards the wall in front.
- Stretch your arms at shoulder length in front
- Take a deep breath in and squat with your back straight till your thigh bone is parallel to the floor
- Breath out and stand in a normal position
- Repeat this at least 15 times.
Three such routines need to be performed taking a break of a minute in between for effective results. It is also necessary to understand that overstretching is undesired, especially for those with back problems. Once done with basic squats, other challenges can be added, increasing the level of difficulty.
2. Lunges– A lunge is a single-leg bodyweight exercise that works your hips, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and core and the hard-to-reach muscles of your inner thighs. Lunges can help you develop lower-body strength and endurance. They’re also a great beginner move. Lunges do a great exercise for hips and buttocks. All you need to do is:
Here’s how you do it:
- Stand straight with arms on your sides parallel to the shoulders.
- Keep the back straight; put your right leg forward and bend on the knee.
- The target is to have the knees and toes parallel.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds and slowly stand back straight.
- Do this at least 15 times; then switch legs.
The schedule needs to be done three times for you to feel the impact on the muscles. Increase the number of routines after two weeks. You can also add the challenges by performing it with a low-weight dumbbell to tone your arms and wrists. However, that needs to be done only after 2-3 months. This is the best hip weight loss exercise.
3. Side-lunges- Shifting sides while making lunges add to the slimming power of this exercise. The legs get strength at the same time as the side muscles of the hips are toned.
How To Do it:
- Stand with feet joined arms at your sides, and back straight.
- Now take a big step on the side with your left leg, bending at the knee. And arms parallel to shoulders.
- The target is to grip your toes with both hands joint.
- Carefully get back to a normal standing position.
- Repeat on the other side.
Do the routine 25-30 times on each side. While performing this exercise, make sure not to bend too fast or get up too fast for safety reasons. Those with knee and back problems should avoid doing this exercise.
4. Hip raises- Instead of the typical hip raise, make the exercise challenging by balancing only on one foot to tone the inner thighs and hips simultaneously. You can do a normal hip raise with both legs if you’re a beginner.
Here’s How To Do It:
- Lie straight on your back and fold your legs to keep your feet flat on the ground.
- In a slow movement, lift your hips off the ground and extend the right leg to make it a point at the wall in front.
- Count one and extend the leg to the right
- Count one and bring it back to the front and back in position on the floor.
- Cautiously get the back on the ground.
Repeat the schedule at least 10-15 times to begin. Increase gradually; not only in the number of times but the duration for which you hold up the body. This is the best hip-slimming exercise.
5. Side-lying leg raises-
The side-lying leg raise is an isolation exercise that strengthens and tones the hips. Correct form is critical for this exercise. Here, the hip joint is stretched out through the synergistic working of the hamstrings, hip muscles, and extensors, with backing from the muscles of the lower back. It helps in keeping the muscles of your back firm, tones the butt, enhances your posture, and guards you from lower back pain, one of the most common problems for people who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
Here’s how you do it:
- Lie on an exercise mat on your right side.
- Slowly raise uour top leg (left leg) as high as you can go. Keep your toes pointed forward.
- Pause at the top, then lower your leg to the starting position. Make sure to keep your pelvis steady and your core engaged.
- Repeat 10 times on each side.
6. Plies Squat–
A Plié Squat is an exercise that strengthens the legs, glutes, and calves and increases the range of motion in your hips. Plié Squats originated from the ballet position Plié, which keeps the back straight while also bending the knees. You can do it along with kettlebells or dumbbells, and it works like magic on toning the hips.
Here’s how you do it:
- Stand with feet apart, slightly wider than your shoulder width. Point your toes at a 45-degree angle away from your body. Put your hands in the prayer position in front of your chest or put your hands on your hips.
- Lower your body down keeping your head, torso, and buttocks in a straight linear line from ceiling to floor.
- As you lower your body down, your knees should be bending out away from your body. Lower until your thighs are about parallel to the floor.
- Slowly raise your body back up to the starting position, using your inner thighs and buttocks to push yourself back up. Repeat as many times as necessary.
7. Wall Squats-
Wall sits, also known as wall squats, are great for working your thighs, hips, and lower abs. They can be a great move to build core strength, test your muscle endurance, and lose weight. It is one of the most effective hip-slimming exercises.
Here’s how you do it :
- Stand up straight with your back pressed against a wall and your legs a few inches away from the wall.
- Slide down the wall until you’re in a sitting position with your legs at a right angle and your hamstrings parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds. As you build your strength and fitness, try to work for up to 1 minute.
- Rise back up to the starting position.
8. Bridge Exercise-
The bridge exercise builds strength in the hips and the spine, which helps you maintain an appropriate posture when you’re sitting or standing for a longer period. The move likewise fortifies the center.
Here’s how you can do this exercise:
- Lay down on the ground and face the ceiling. Bend your knees in front of your body at a 90 -degree angle. Rest your arms by your sides.
- Pressing through your buttocks, raise your hips into the air until your body is in a straight line declining from knees to head.
- Hold for a few seconds before slowly rolling your spine back onto the ground to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 to 20 times or as necessary. Take it a step further by raising one leg and holding your hips at an even level during the minute. Repeat it with the opposite leg.
These are the easiest 8 hip slimming exercises that you can do at home easily. You can also do HIIT, balancing, and more core exercises to slim down your hips and lower body. Also, with these exercises make sure you eat a healthy diet, stay hydrated, get good quality sleep, and stay stress-free.
While it’s not possible to spot-reduce fat on your hips, you can design a program that prioritizes fat loss with an emphasis on lower-body strengthening exercises. The results will be good for you!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!