What Is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when a person touches a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
Who Is At More Risk?
1) Hand dryers ARE NOT effective in killing Coronavirus.
Hand dryers are not effective in killing it. To protect yourself against the new coronavirus, you should frequently clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Once your hands are cleaned, you should dry them by using paper towels.
2) Regularly rinsing your nose with saline DOES NOT help prevent infection with Coronavirus.
There is no evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline has protected people from infection with the new coronavirus. There is some limited evidence that regularly rinsing nose with saline can help people recover more quickly from the common cold.
3) Drinking alcohol DOES NOT protect you against Coronavirus.
Frequent or excessive alcohol consumption can increase your risk of health problems.
4) Exposing yourself to the sun or to higher temperatures DOES NOT prevent Coronavirus.
You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is. Countries with hot weather have reported cases of COVID-19. To protect yourself, make sure you clean your hands frequently and thoroughly and avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
5) Cold weather and snow DO NOT kill Coronavirus.
There is no reason to believe that cold weather can kill new coronavirus or other diseases. The normal human body temperature remains around 36.5°C to 37°C, regardless of the external temperature or weather.
6) Taking a hot bath DOES NOT prevent Coronavirus.
Taking a hot bath will not prevent you from catching COVID-19. Your normal body temperature remains around 36.5°C to 37°C, regardless of the temperature of your bath or shower.
7) Catching Coronavirus DOES NOT mean you will have it for life.
Most of the people who catch COVID-19 can recover and eliminate the virus from their bodies. If you catch the disease, make sure you treat your symptoms. Most patients recover thanks to supportive care.
8) Coronavirus DOES NOT transmit through mosquito bites.
To date, there has been no information nor evidence to suggest that the new coronavirus could be transmitted by mosquitoes.
9) Being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort DOES NOT mean you are free from the Coronavirus.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are dry cough, tiredness, and fever. The best way to confirm if you have the virus-producing COVID-19 disease is with a laboratory test. You cannot confirm it with this breathing exercise, which can even be dangerous.
10) Vaccines against pneumonia DO NOT protect you against Coronavirus.
Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib) vaccine, do not provide protection against coronavirus.
All these myths are doing the rounds right now but remember there are actual methods through which you can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Stay Alert And Educated
Follow these simple steps, stay at home as much as you can. Go out only if there\’s an emergency that cannot be avoided. Stay aware and stay protected. Being educated and alert is the only key to success. We all are in this together and to overcome this pandemic, every single effort counts.
Take care of yourself and your family. Stay tuned for more such health content! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Keto, Health, and Wellness!