10 Healthy Snacks for Diabetes
Snacking can be really helpful when it comes to managing blood sugar levels. Whether you have diabetes or you’re trying to keep your levels within a healthy range, eating the right foods between meals can help you reach your goals and give you a boost of healthy energy. You should eat small and healthy meals through the day in order to keep your blood-sugar levels in check and be sure to not include processed or high fattening food.
If you are confused as what snacks to eat if you are a diabetic, here are 10 super healthy are diabetic friendly snacks that you can enjoy.
- Vegetable sprouts salad – Pulses are high in protein and fibre and help in controlling blood sugar levels. Mix steamed sprouts with chopped cucumber, tomatoes and cottage cheese. Sprinkle some salt and add 1tsp lemon juice. You can also use boiled beans or kala chana.
- Fruit Smoothie : Blend a combination of fruit with yoghurt/ low fat milk. Use fresh and seasonal fruits or if not in season use frozen foods without added sugar.
- Hummus with Vegetables : Hummus is a creamy spread made from chickpeas. It tastes great when paired with raw veggies. Both vegetables and hummus are good sources of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Chia Seed Pudding : Chia seed pudding is made by soaking chia seeds in milk until the mixture achieves a pudding-like consistency. It’s a healthy snack for people with diabetes because chia seeds are rich in many nutrients that help stabilise blood sugar, including protein, fibre and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Roasted Chickpeas : Chickpeas are a great source of protein and fibre and consuming it on daily basis helps in keeping the blood glucose levels in check.
- Yoghurt with Berries : Berries are a great source of fibre and rich in antioxidants that prevents inflammation. Whereas yoghurt helps in controlling blood sugar levels as it is probiotic in nature an keeps gut healthy
- Popcorn : It is a healthy whole grain snack food, high fibre and low in calorie which makes it a diabetic friendly snack.
- Egg muffin : Egg muffins are made by mixing eggs with vegetables and then baking them in a muffin tin. They make a quick, healthy snack for people with diabetes.
- Fox nut salad : Fox nuts are rich in calcium and fibre and makes an excellent diabetic friendly snack. Mix fox nuts also known as makhana with tomato, onion, cucumber and sprinkle some salt and add lemon juice. You can also add peanuts to enhance the taste.
- Green moong dal and carrot pancakes: The fibre in moong dal ensures that the food is not digested too fast, and your blood sugar levels are stable. Carrots are high in fibre and rich in Vitamin A, makes a good addition to the pancakes.
The key is to choose snacks that are high in fibre, protein and healthy fats. These nutrients will help keep your blood sugar levels under control.
It’s also important to snack on nutrient-dense foods that promote overall health.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!