Keto Almond Cookies
These buttery and delicious keto almond cookies can be prepared with just 4 basic ingredients, and they simply melt in the mouth! These low-carb almond flour cookies taste just like real shortbread, and not anyone in the family would be able to tell that they’re completely gluten-free!
Time Taken: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 3g
- Total Carbs: 3.3g
- Net Carbs: 1.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 1g
- 2 ½ wholesome blanched almond flour
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup pure allulose or pure erythritol)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Optional Chocolate Dip
- 1/2 cup Sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Pecans (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat together the butter and erythritol, until it\’s fluffy and light in color.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, the almond flour, 1/2 cup (64 g) at a time.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie to about 1/3 in (8 cm) thick.
- You can make them thicker or thinner to your liking.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Allow them to cool completely in the pan before handling.
- Allow gluten-free shortbread cookies to cool and harden completely before dipping in chocolate.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt sugar-free chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Once melted, dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate and place onto the lined pan.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped nuts before the chocolate sets.
- Chill in the refrigerator before handling, until the chocolate is firm.
Tips for Keto Almond Cookies:
- Make sure you use a finely ground blanched almond flour rather than an almond meal for a better texture.
- Try to avoid ghee/coconut oil, as butter gives the best flavor.
- Use salted butter or add couple pinches of salt to the cookie dough.
- Use a hand mixer to mix your butter and sweetener together. Always begin at a lower speed, then increase as it starts to incorporate.
- Make sure you let your butter soften naturally instead of speeding up the process in the microwave.
- If you dump in your almond flour all in at once, it won’t mix as well and you’ll end up doing it too long to get the result you want.
- Let the cookies cool completely so that they can get nice and crispy.
We love keto recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.