These keto appetizers are worth having! A perfect snack option for you! Whether it is a house party or wedding function you can have these items while you are on a ketogenic diet.
1. Keto Chicken Wings– We didn’t prepare a lot of chicken wings at home before we became keto, but these keto chicken wings have become a regular favorite of ours now. Chicken wings are an amazing keto-friendly option. Not only are they super delectable, but they also have a higher fat content than chicken breast.
- 1kg chicken wing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 10 g minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Layer a baking tray with foil and then place a cooling rack inside the baking tray
- Separate the wings into flat and drums.
- Season wings with oregano, paprika, pepper, garlic, parsley, and stir till combined.
- Put in some olive oil and toss the chicken wings until it gets coated.
- Line the wings on the rack over the tray, space them evenly so the air can circulate around them
- Bake in the oven for 40 -45 mins until they are golden brown and the skin is crispy.
- Serve with your favorite keto dipping sauce!
Nutrition Per Serving :
- Calories: 546kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 43g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
You can serve keto wings with a side of jalapeno poppers, keto ranch dip, and loaded cauliflower for a family dinner.
2. Low-carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese– In this recipe for cauliflower mac and cheese, you’ll combine roasted cauliflower with a creamy cheese sauce for a keto-friendly, gluten-free twist on this comfort food classic. You can use different kinds of cheese in this recipe.
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 4 oz sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 4 oz fontina (shredded)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and whip an 8×8 baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Dice cauliflower into small pieces. Steam for 4-5 minutes until barely edible. Remove from heat and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Combine heavy cream, cheeses, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika in a small pot. Heat under medium fire until smooth. Stir well.
- Add cauliflower to the cheese mixture and toss to whip.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for half an hour until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Info :
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 14g
This is the ultimate comfort food that will allow you to stay in ketosis, satisfy your pasta cravings, and provide a wide variety of nutritional benefits you can feel good about. Enjoy it as a side dish or top with protein for a complete meal.
3. Keto Mozzarella Sticks-
Nothing says crowd-pleaser quite like warm and oozing cheese sticks plunge in marinara sauce. Fortunately, you don’t have to give up this classic comfort food on your ketogenic diet with this easy recipe for keto appetizer mozzarella sticks.
The best part is you can also cook them ahead of time and store them in the freezer. When you want to eat them, just heat up a little coconut oil and fry these breaded snacks until golden brown.
The mozzarella sticks have amazing flavor and no unhealthy oils and processed ingredients.
- 3 sticks mozzarella cheese (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
To make Italian seasoning-
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- one tsp dried rosemary
- I tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 2 tsp dried parsley
For Mozzarella Sticks-
- Put cheese in the freezer overnight to harden.
- When you’re ready to make your mozzarella sticks, add coconut oil to a small to medium-sized cast-iron skillet and heat under medium-low heat.
- Add egg to a small shallow bowl and crack well.
- Adjoin almond flour, parmesan cheese, and seasonings to a separate shallow dish.
- Whip cheese in egg, then evenly coat in the dry mixture. Place on a wire rack or plate and repeat with the remaining sticks of cheese.
- Cook mozzarella sticks until golden brown on each side for about 1-2 minutes.
- Take out from oil and place on paper towels. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Serve with keto-friendly marinara sauce.
Nutrition Info :
Serving Size: 3 sticks
- Calories: 436
- Fat: 39g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 5g
- Protein: 20g
4. Keto Jalapeno Poppers-
This easy low-carb recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re entertaining friends for dinner or throwing a Superbowl party — no one’s passing up a taste of these delicious poppers.
.The poppers are ready in 15 minutes, you’ll have your home smelling of bacon and cheese in no time.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 jalapenos, halved, de-seeded
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and layer baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate and microwave for 3 minutes. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Add cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, salt, and pepper in a bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir together.
- Carefully scoop cream cheese mixture into a plastic baggie. Snip off the corner of the baggie with scissor and pipe contents into jalapenos.
- Fold bacon slices around jalapenos and pin with a toothpick.
- Place jalapenos on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- High heat the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes, watching to ensure cream cheese does not burn.
- Take out from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
Nutrition info :
Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 1g (0.8g net)
- Protein: 2.9g
This recipe is a keto-friendly favorite among low-carb dieters and non- low carb dieters alike. The mixture of the warm and spicy peppers, with the cool and creamy cheese, makes for an excellent combination on your pallet.
5. Salmon Cucumber Bites-
These easy cucumber keto appetizers need just 6 simple ingredients! Cucumber appetizers make the best easy cold appetizers! These cucumber salmon bites have a flavoursome dill cream cheese batter that’s topped with smoked salmon, and more fresh dill for good measure. Flavorful, light, and always a hit. Serve this appetizer for light dinners!
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill chopped and garnished
- 1 large sliced cucumber
- 4 oz sliced smoked salmon
- Mash together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir in the fresh dill.
- Shift the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag
- Place the cucumber slices in one layer on a platter. Pipe about half a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture onto each cucumber slice. Top with a folded-over piece of smoked salmon. Garnish with additional dill if desired.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving; Serving size- 4bites
- Total Carbs2.2g
- Net Carbs 2g
6. Keto Deviled Eggs with Bacon-
The BEST deviled eggs recipe with bacon and creamy filling! These damn easy keto deviled eggs use common ingredients and take just 20 minutes. This keto deviled eggs recipe with bacon is low carb, but it makes a great appetizer for everyone, no matter what they eat like.
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 4 slices Cooked bacon (finely chopped)
- Smoked paprika
- Fresh chives
- Boil eggs for few minutes.
- Place in ice water for 10 minutes to cool after boiling. then peel.
- Dice the eggs into halves. Take out the yolks and place them into a large bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Put in mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard garlic powder, and sea salt to the eggs. Mix well.
- Pipe back the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Drizzle with a sprinkle of smoked paprika crumbled bacon and fresh chives.
Nutritional Info per serving :
- Total Carbs0.4g
- Net Carbs0.4g
7. Keto Garlic Cheese Bread-
An effortless keto cheese bread recipe with gooey cheese pulls! This is prepared with almond flour or coconut flour tastes like the real thing but has only 3g net carbs. This keto garlic cheese bread can also be served with keto soups, low-carb pizzas, or low-carb salads for a full meal.
For Fathead dough:
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 oz Cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend the almond flour, baking powder, and eggs in a food processor.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a bowl in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Quickly before the cheeses cool, add them to the food processor with the blade placed over the cheese, and process until a dough forms.
- If the dough feels sticky to the touch, cool it for 15-30 minutes, until it feels firmer and less sticky.
- Using oiled hands to make the dough easier to work with, form a ball, and then flatten into a disc on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut rows one inch apart in the dough disc with a knife, cutting almost to the bottom only. Then, chop 1 inch apart in the perpendicular direction, to form a grid, again not cutting fully.
- Stir together the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Spread over the dough, letting it drip down into the cuts you made. Fill grated mozzarella inside the cuts, trying to avoid a 1/2 inch border at the edges, so that it doesn’t seep out during baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheesy bread, is golden and cooked through.
Nutritional Info Per Serving :
- Total Carbs5g
- Net Carbs3g
8. Spicy Keto Chips-
When you’re following the keto diet, sometimes your snack options seem a bit restricted. You waved a sobbing goodbye to crunchy potato chips, tortilla chips, pretzels, and other favorite crunchy snacks, and suddenly you’re at a loss about what to eat instead. Here zesty keto cheese chips come in.
- Grass-fed cheddar cheese
- 1 medium-sized jalapeno
- 2 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 425℉ and layer a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add heaped tablespoons of cheese to the baking sheet. Put one slice of jalapeno in the center. Splash with crumbled bacon.
- Bake on high for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are browned.
- Take out from the oven and let cool completely until crisp.
Nutrition Info Per Serving :
- Serving Size: 1 crisp
- Calories: 33
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Protein: 2g
These spicy keto cheese crisps (made with bacon and jalapenos) are the perfect replacement for crackers and make for the best keto appetizer or anytime snack.
These keto appetizers are easy to make and a perfect crowd-pleaser snacks. You can make it at home and enjoy with your friends and family. We love them and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.