If you are a vegetarian and following a Ketogenic diet, this recipe comes as a delicious rescue. Keto Paneer Appe (also called appam paniyaram) is a yummy south Indian dish. These are very crispy in texture and are a delightful snack.
- Cal: 64.58
- Net Carb: 1.16g
- Protein: 3.25g
- Fats: 5.25g
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Cabbage grated 200g
- Salt to taste
- Cottage cheese/paneer 150g
- Ginger finely grated 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies finely chopped 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Hung curd 1 tbsp
- Cream of tartar 1/2 tsp/lemon juice 1 tsp
- Psyllium husk 1 tsp optional
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl add the cabbage and salt.
- Mix thoroughly and keep it aside for 2 -3 mins.
- Now with the help of muslin cloth squeeze out the excess water as much as possible.
- Now transfer the squeezed cabbage in a big mixing bowl.
- Then add all the ingredients one by one and mix it thoroughly, forming a medium consistency dough.
- Now roll out small portions into a ball shape and keep it aside.
- Roll out all the dough into small balls
- Heat an Appam pan and put some oil on all the cavities.
- Drop the appam balls into it.
- Brush the top with oil and cover and cook for about 4-5 minutes until it becomes crispy.
- Now with the help of 2 spoons toss and turn each appam and cover and cook so that it gets crispy from the other sides too.
- Take it out and serve hot with keto green chutney or mayo dip.
We love this keto paneer recipe, and we know you will too! Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!