The Keto French Toast is a dish made of sliced bread soaked in eggs and typically milk, then fried. Generally, Keto French Toast served as a sweet dish and is prepared using almond milk, coconut milk, erythritol, vanilla, cinnamon is also commonly added before pan-frying, and then it may be topped with sugar (often powdered artificial sugar), butter, berries. While it is a savory dish it is generally fried with a pinch of salt and/or pepper, and can then be served with a sauce such as ketchup or mayonnaise.
The Keto French Toast is best when served fresh, you can make a few of them, allow them to cool, then freeze in individual freezer bags (or in one freezer bag, separated with wax paper squares).
The Vanilla extract and cinnamon bring a richness of flavor when making French toast. Choose your favorite bread – white, Italian, French, or whole wheat and serve with our Easy Spiced Syrup for a tasty French toast recipe. Discover how to make French toast today!
INGREDIENTS ( As per one serving )
- 30 g tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon erythritol (equivalent of 1 tablespoon sweetener)
- 30 Heavy cream)
- 1 large egg
- 30 g tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 15 g Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for frying
Prepare the bread:
- Place the butter in a glass sandwich-sized container.
- Microwave until melted, about 50 seconds.
- Mix in the vanilla, stevia, milk and egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Mix in the coconut flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Use a small rubber spatula to spread the batter evenly in the container.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the container to a cutting board, bottom side up, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Fry the bread:
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the egg with the milk, and heat 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Dip both sides of the keto bread in the egg mixture. When butter begins to foam, add the soaked bread. Cook over medium-low heat (not higher) until golden-brown, pressing on the middle of the bread with a spatula, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Cut into two triangles and serve. The keto French toast is excellent as is, but you can drizzle it with sugar-free syrup.
You can serve french toast with,
- Fresh berries — strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
- Low carb Peanut butter
- Powdered artificial sugar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Nutritional Value: ( As per one serving )
Total Calories: 502 Kcal
Net Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 13 g
Fats: 45 g
You can have this in your breakfast and evening snack as well. The kitchen fills with vanilla and cinnamon aromas while they are frying, which gets the whole family up and eager to eat!