With firm whites and creamy yolks, poached eggs are breakfast on their own!
Poached eggs are a beautiful thing. Firm egg whites coating around the golden yolks. With a few suggestions, you too can learn how to poach eggs perfectly every time!
Poached eggs are one of those items we find folks order frequently in restaurants, but they don’t make them very often at home. Why? We think most would say that it’s difficult to get that spherical shape without lots of crazy white thins.
But poaching is one of the best preparation methods for creating healthy eggs. You can prepare them just in 2-3minutes. It’s also a great low-calorie way to prepare eggs—you don’t need to use added fat to prepare them.
- Large Eggs
- Firstly, Fill the pan with water, heat until water simmers gently.
- Now Crack open eggs into a small bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil. When the water reaches a gentle simmer, pour the egg into a ladle.
- Gently transfer eggs into simmering water.
- The egg whites will coagulate instantly.
- Poach the eggs for 3 minutes.
- When the whites become dense, gently remove eggs with a slotted spoon and lay them on sheets of paper towel to dry.
- Serve immediately.
Alternatively, if making the poached eggs for meal prep or ahead of time, place the cooked poached eggs in an ice water bath and refrigerate for a couple of days. When ready to serve, add boiling water to a bowl, then add the cold poached egg and immerse for 20-30 seconds to make it warm. Remove the poached egg with a spoon, dab dry, and serve immediately.
Cooking Tips :
- Firstly take a shallow saucepan with a large surface area that is best for poaching eggs. Use cold fresh eggs for this recipe.
- Eggs can be poached in broth, dry white wine, or tomato juice.
- The poaching water should just barely simmer. Constant boiling will cause the eggs to break up as they cook.
- Serve poached eggs on hot buttered noodles, cooked spinach, or rice.
- Top with grated cheese, a cream sauce flavored with curry, tomato sauce, or mustard or onion. English muffin halves,shells, toast, pastry or portobello mushrooms can also be used as a base.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving :
- Calories- 65 kcal
- Protein- 5g
- Fats- 4g
- Cholesterol- 153mg
- Sodium- 62mg
- Calcium- 25mg
- Iron – 0.8mg
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.