Lemon water is one of the most enjoyed drinks all around the globe. It is made out of as the name suggests lemon and water. There are a lot of variations of lemon water as well. Some people like to add mint to it while others like to add various vegetables to it and make it into a detox drink. Either way, it is really nutritious and refreshing and the excellent part, it offers a lot of health benefits as well. If you want to learn how to make lemon water and an amazing lemon water recipe, read this blog.
About Lemon Water Recipe
This refreshing drink is widely enjoyed in the summer as nothing is more vital than a glass of lemon water with some pink salt and ice cubes in it. The lemon water recipe is really easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. Hence, anyone can make it and enjoy it at home. Now here’s the good part a lot of people don’t know about, it is really beneficial for the health as well.
Talking about lemons, have you ever realized how amazing they are? Here, have a look at Lemon Nutrition – Calories, Protein, Carbs
Ingredients for Lemon Water
The ingredients to make lemon water has been mentioned below.
|Lemon||1 or more|
Preparation for Lemon Water Recipe
Since the lemon water recipe requires minimal ingredients there isn’t any major preparation that needs to be done before making it. You can easily figure out how to make lemon water. Just make sure to use fresh lemons in this easy lemon water recipe and you are good to go.
Method/Steps To Make Lemon Water
Learning how to make lemon water is really easy as it requires really less and simple ingredients and takes really less time to make as well. Here’s how to make it.
1. Slice the lemon or you can also make a juice out of it and add it to a pitcher filled with water.
2. Make sure to remove any seeds of lemon from the water
3. Once you add the lemon in the water make sure to mash them as it will help release the juices from the lemon.
4. Let the water steep for an hour or two as it will help infuse the water with more flavor. That’s it your easy lemon water recipe is now ready to serve and enjoy.
Here’s a Lemon Tea Recipe which will make you feel refreshed!
How To Make Instant Lemon Water at Home?
Making a lemon water recipe at home is really easy, it requires minimal ingredients and takes really less time as well. Here is how to make lemon water recipe at home in simple steps
- Lemon – 1
- 8 cups of water or as per your requirement
Steps to Make Instant Lemon Water Recipe
Step 1. Wash the lemon properly and thinly slice it.
Step 2. Take a pitcher and add lemon to the bottom of it. Mash it with a wooden spoon, this will release its juices.
Step 3. Now add the cold water and refrigerate for about an hour before serving or consuming.
That’s it! You just learned how to make lemon water recipe at home within minutes.
Alternate Way to Make Lemon Water
If you want to know how to make lemon water in an alternate way then you are at the right place. Here is how you can make it. This easy lemon water recipe has herbs in it and is really beneficial for your health. Here is how you can make it.
1. Thinly slice some cucumbers and lemons and add them to a pitcher filled with water.
2. Now add herbs like thyme, mint, and rosemary, and give it a good mix.
3. Store it in the refrigerator until it is cold. Your easy lemon water recipe is now ready to enjoy.
Pro Tips To Make the Best Lemon Water at Home
Learning how to make lemon water at home can be really useful. You can make it in large quantities and store it in the refrigerator and drink it when you want to feel more energized and refreshed. If you want to make your lemon water recipe more delicious, here are some pro tips for you.
- Use fresh lemons: This recipe requires minimal ingredients so make sure they are of good quality. Use fresh lemons to make this easy lemon water recipe, much better if you use organic lemons.
- Use cold water: Lemon water tastes best when enjoyed with cold water in the summer. In the winter, however, you can stick to using warm water in your lemon water recipe.
- Fresh herbs: If you are using herbs in this lemon water recipe make sure they are fresh. This will add more flavor to the lemon water.
Nutritional Value in Lemon Water
It is really important to know the nutritional value of the food you are consuming as it can help you to form healthier eating habits.
|Serving size||1 Glass|
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
Lemon water is simple to make and offers a lot of health benefits. Let’s have a look.
1. Rich in Vitamin C: Lemons are known to have abundant amounts of Vitamin C. This vitamin is really crucial for the body in the following ways –
- Keeping cells healthy
- Maintaining healthy skin
- Maintaining healthy bones and cartilage
- Helps to heal wounds in the body
Here are some more Vitamin C Foods which you can add to your diet.
2. Helps in digestion: Drinking lemon water can prove to be really beneficial for your digestion as its acidic nature helps to break down food in the stomach. Therefore, if you are having a hard time digesting foods you can learn how to make lemon water recipe and consume it once in a while.
3. Promotes hydration: Your body requires the right amount of hydration to function optimally. Lemon water can help to hydrate the body and also provide additional nutrients. Hence, you can learn how to make lemon water recipe and make it a part of your diet.
Tips To Limit The Calorie in Lemon Water
If you have just learned how to make lemon water then the tips given below will help you to make it healthier.
- Avoid excess sugar: Lemon water is really low in calories but the problem arises when you add sugar to it. This increases its overall calories and makes it unhealthy as well. You can use healthy alternatives to sugar in this easy lemon water recipe such as stevia or jaggery.
- Do not add syrups: There are various lemon water syrups that are available in the market that claim to make a delicious cup of lemon water but the reality is these are filled with sugar and unwanted chemicals. Hence, if you are figuring out how to make lemon water low in calories make sure to stick to the lemons at home and do not add any syrups to your lemon water recipe.
What are some other drinks I can make with lemon?
There are various drinks that you can make with lemons such as a healthy lemonade, apple cider vinegar lemon juice, lemon juice, and more.
What’s different in the Lemon Water Recipe by Livofy?
Livofy tells you a healthy way to make lemon water which is not only delicious but also nutritious. You can add this lemon water recipe to your diet to achieve your fitness goals.
What is the time lemon water takes to make?
Lemon water is really simple and easy to make. It will hardly take you 5 minutes to make this refreshing and healthy drink.
Is lemon water healthy?
Yes, lemon water is healthy if you do not add excess sugar or syrups to it. It is a great source of Vitamin C and can help you digest your food better.
What is the right time to have lemon water?
You can have lemon water from morning till evening but make sure to avoid it at night as it may cause acidity in some people.
Are there any side effects of drinking lemon water?
If you suffer from acidity or have heartburn issues then it is best to not drink lemon water or drink it in moderation.
How many calories does lemon water have?
Just 0.4 calories per glass of water! It is really low in calories and offers a lot of health benefits as well.
How to make lemon water recipe with masala?
You can add more premade masalas or homemade masalas in the lemon water. Make sure to use less salt as some premade masalas already have salt in them.