Mexican Chopped Salad is the ultimate side to all of your favorite Mexican recipes! Corn, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro tossed in a simple dressing made with honey, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Can make the dressing in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve. The dressing is also delectable as a dip with chips and veggies!
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 425 g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 310 g corn, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro optional
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- taste and add salt if needed
- Toss together romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, tomato, avocado, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Put canola oil and virgin all and then the remaining dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Spill the desired amount of dressing over the salad mixture and toss again.
- The salad is ready.
- You can use iceberg lettuce instead of romaine.
- Add cheese to the salad mixture.
- May have leftover dressing. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 21 days.
Nutritional information per serving:
366 calories, 20 g fat 41.5 g carbohydrates, 9.5 g protein, 11 g fiber
Servings with the salad-
- Excellent with any Mexican entree; tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, burritos, etc
- Delectable spooned on top of nachos.
- Pair it with chips (just omit the lettuce).
- Amazing with grilled chicken, seafood, pork, or beef.
- A lovely side to serve with burgers.
- Make a nutritious, wholemeal salad by adding rotisserie chicken.
- This salad is ideal for potlucks and picnics as it goes so well with everything.
If you’re craving a firm and delectable one, be careful to add these ingredients to your grocery list. Prepare this Mexican Chopped Salad and enjoy it for dinner along with some grilled chicken, pork, or seafood. Then pack it up for the next day, as it keeps quite well. If you take this at your workplace then your co-workers will be drooling over your marvelous, brightly colored lunch. Enjoy!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!