This swift and effortless Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich is loaded with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and thinly sliced ribeye steak!
The cheesesteak sandwich is created from a thinly sliced steak that is served hot with melted cheese in a long, crusty Italian roll. Onions, peppers, and mushrooms are optional but would be recommended if you want to add more flavor.
It’s a renowned street-cart food, with its origins coming from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. With this method, you’ll be able to make that crave-able sandwich in your own home!
- 2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- One large onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- a tbsp butter
- 1 ½ lb. ribeye steak, boneless, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz provolone cheese, sliced
- 6 Toasted hoagie buns
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- War, a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, and toss in the sliced bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- Make, stirring occasionally, until the peppers, onions, and mushrooms appear soft and slightly brown for about 7 minutes.
- Detach peppers, onions, and mushrooms from the skillet and set aside.
- Add in the butter and then toss in the thinly sliced ribeye steak. Drizzle with seasoned salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, just until still slightly pink in the center, do not overcook steak!
- Adjoin the peppers, onion, and mushroom mixture back to skillet and stir to combine.
- Crown with provolone cheese and let melt slightly.
Make Special Sauce
- Couple ingredients for special sauce in a small dish and whisk together.
- Spoon Philly Cheesesteak mixture into toasted buns and add special sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 37g |
The amazing street philly cheesesteak sandwich is an easy recipe to make at home with this deliciously quick and easy recipe.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!