Sheet Pan Paleo Baked Breaded Chicken and Veggies is an easy, healthy weeknight dinner! These paleo breaded chicken thighs and vegetables are low carb, paleo, and whole30 approved. And only one pan to clean!
This 30-minute sheet pan chicken with veggies has a sweet and savory sauce baked right in for a complete dinner that’s packed with flavor and nutrition! Gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30 compliant, and great for weeknights and leftovers too!
Throw your frying pans out the window for this sheet pan meal!
Here is its quick recipe:
For the sweet/savory sauce
- 1/3 cup pitted dates softened in hot water* and drained OR 1.5 Tbsp pure maple syrup for a non-Whole30 version
- 2 tbsp water omit if using maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- take 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
On the Sheet Pan**:
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato or an orange one if you prefer scrubbed or peeled, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- take 1 med red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 med red onion cut into quarters
- 1 broccoli crown cut into florets (about 3 cups florets)
- 2 tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil or light flavored olive oil for roasting veggies divided
- 1/2 tsp salt divided, plus a sprinkle for chicken
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and begin by making the sauce***
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the softened dates and 2 Tbsp water and process/blend to a paste. Add the remaining sauce ingredients until combined.
- Coat chicken on both sides with the sauce and arrange on parchment or foil-lined large baking sheet.
- Toss potatoes with 1/2 tbsp olive oil or other cooking fat and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, black pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet apart from chicken.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes in the preheated for 10 mins, meanwhile toss the remaining veggies with 2 tbsp cooking fat, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- After 10 minutes, arrange these veggies on a baking sheet around chicken and potatoes (they’ll cook down quickly) and return to the oven (near the bottom) to roast 10-15 more minutes, turning chicken once to evenly cook and gently stirring the veggies and potatoes.
- Put under the broiler for the last 2-5 minutes or so to brown chicken and veggies to your preference.
- Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
*You can put dates in a microwave-safe dish covered with water and microwave for 1 minute to do this quickly!
**Prep and chop veggies ahead of time for a 30-minute meal!
***The sauce can also be made ahead of time and stored covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.