Stuffed Roti with Paneer also known as Paneer Paratha is a popular whole wheat Indian flatbread! It’s filled with crumbled paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and makes a filling breakfast or lunch.
Here is its quick recipe:
For the dough
- 2 cups atta 260 grams, durum wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil 10 ml, I used avocado oil
- water to knead the dough, around 3/4 cup
For the filling
- 200 grams crumbled paneer almost 2 cups crumbled paneer
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 green chili chopped, or adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon ajwain carom seeds
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- To a large bowl, add atta (whole wheat flour), salt, and oil.
- 2- Start adding water, little by little to knead the dough.
- Knead to a soft and smooth dough. You can do this by hand.
- Transfer the dough to a container and apply some oil on top. Cover with a cloth and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, crumble paneer in a bowl or plate. Then add the cilantro, green chili, garam masala, ajwain and salt.
- Mix everything together. The filling is now ready. Set it aside.
- Once the dough has rested, divide it into 8 equal-sized balls. Roll each ball between your hands to make it smooth. Keep the balls covered else the dough will dry out.
- Meanwhile, put a Tawa/skillet to heat on medium-high heat.
- Now, take one of the dough balls and press it down with your hands. Using a rolling pin, roll it into a circle of 4 to 5 inch diameter. Apply around 1/4 teaspoon oil on the rolled dough.
- Add the filling, around 1-2 tablespoons but remember to not over-fill.
- Bring the edges of the rolled paratha together and pinch to seal the edges.
- Then press the dough down with your hands and make it a little smoother.
- Then roll the dough again using a rolling pin, into a circle of 7 to 8-inch diameter. Apply equal pressure while rolling the paratha so that’s it rolls evenly.
- Now, place the rolled paratha onto the heated Tawa. Cook the side for a minute or two and then flip over.
- Apply oil, round 1/4 teaspoon on the half-cooked side, and then flip again. Now apply oil on the other side as well. Press with a spatula and cook the paratha until both sides have golden brown spots on them.
- Repeat with the remaining dough balls and make all parathas similarly.
- Enjoy paneer paratha with a cup of chai!
- Use homemade paneer for best results.
- You can also add chopped onion to the filling if you like.
Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 3gSugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Do try this recipe of Stuffed Roti with Paneer!
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!