Cauliflower cheese is a British Dish. You can have it as a main course or snack or sides in your keto meals. All the flavors are included of a baked potato in this low-carb cauliflower casserole without the carbs.
Cauliflower in a creamy cheese sauce is an excellent keto recipe and delectable to boot! Make sure you season well with salt and pepper (nutmeg tastes great as well) otherwise it will taste too bland. Here is a low-carb cauliflower casserole recipe to try out!
THE TRICK TO GETTING A FLUFFY CAULIFLOWER MASH:
- steam rather than boil.
- let it sit uncovered to release some moisture
- strain well before putting it in the food processor
- combine the ingredients that make it taste great – like sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon.
That’s it. Easy, cheesy, and delectable!
- ½ head cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook cauliflower until edible but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Couple Cheddar cheese, cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Set out cauliflower in a casserole dish and cover with cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and golden brown for half an hour.
Nutrition facts per Serving:
- 469 calories;
- Protein 18.1g;
- carbohydrates 10g;
- fat 40.9g;
This Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect effortless low-carb side dish for busy weeknights, Thanksgiving, or when you’re craving comfort food. It’s a heartier and keto-friendly alternative with all the classic flavors of a loaded baked potato.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!