Whole30 Green Machine Veggie Casserole is an interesting variant of a basic egg recipe that can account for your perfect breakfast option.
This casserole is packed full of healthy ingredients and all you gotta do is just sauté the vegetables and bake them by layering them on a mixture of eggs and coconut milk. Your breakfast will be baked while you get ready to head out for the day.
Here is a quick Whole30 Green Machine Veggie Casserole recipe –
Prep Time – 20 mins | Cook Time – 45 mins | Serving – 4 |
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cups chopped green vegetables ( broccoli, spinach, or kale )
- 2 tbsp ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8″ baking sheet.
- In a skillet, heat the coconut oil or any other oil that you wish to use.
- Add the diced onions and bell peppers, and cook until softened.
- Add the green to it and cook for 5 -7 minutes or until they are softened.
- In another container, whisk eggs, coconut milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Transfer the sautéed vegetables to the greased pan and pour the egg mixture above it.
- Bake in the oven for over 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Add basil leaves over it, slice, and serve.
- The greens add antioxidants and micronutrients to the recipe.
- Coconut milk serves as a non-dairy source of calcium.
- Eggs serve as a rich source of selenium along with other minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper.