Here is its quick recipe:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large lemon, sliced and seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 cups baby kale
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Cook, turning once until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, potatoes, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper to the pan. Cook the potatoes, cut-side down, until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, lemon, garlic, and tarragon. Return the chicken to the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender for about 15 minutes. Stir kale into the mixture and roast until it has wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 Chicken Thigh & 1 Cup Vegetables Per Serving: 374 calories
protein 24.7g; carbohydrates 25.6g; dietary fiber 2.9g; sugars 1.8g; fat 19.3g; saturated fat 3.9g; cholesterol 75.5mg; vitamin a in 2463.4IU; vitamin c 40.6mg; folate 51mcg; calcium 64.8mg; iron 2mg; magnesium 53mg; potassium 677.3mg; sodium 377.9mg; thiamin 0.2mg.
Exchanges: 3 Lean Protein, 2 Fat, 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable
Give this recipe of Skillet Lemon Chicken and Potatoes with Kale a try!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!