Diabetes is a disease that affects the body’s ability to produce or respond to insulin. It’s a chronic disease that requires changes that last a lifetime. The management of diabetes includes medical nutrition therapy, medication, exercise, blood glucose control, and self-management education. So we have come up with some easy superfood recipes for diabetes.
You can check out other recipes Diabetes Friendly Desserts
Here are a few easy superfood recipes for diabetes that you can include in your diet-
1) Feta Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 420 g garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a bowl take garbanzo, cucumber, tomato, and red onion. Add oil and mix it properly.
- Add spices, cheese, and lemon juice. Toss it to mix well.
- Garnish the salad with coriander and enjoy.
Serving size: 2 cups | Calories 268 kcal
Carbohydrate 24g | Fiber 7g | Sugar 4g | Protein 9g | Fat 16g
2) Chicken Spinach Salsa
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (170g each)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 170 g spinach
- 1 cup salsa
- Spices as per taste
- Take the chicken and pound it to ½ inch thickness.
- In a pan, heat oil and butter over medium flame.
- Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side and then remove it on a plate.
- In the same pan, cook spinach and salsa for 3 to 4 minutes and add spices as per taste.
- Add this mixture to the chicken and serve.
1 Chicken breast with 1/3 cup spinach mixture: Calories 290 kcal
Carbohydrate 6g | Protein 36g | Fat 14g
3) Veggie Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium size carrot
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- 15 ml water
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 cups hot brown rice
- 10 g soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 5 ml sesame oil
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium flame. Add chopped carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add bean sprouts, spinach, water, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Remove this mixture and keep it aside.
- Then in a large skillet, take some water and bring to a boil. Break eggs into a small bowl. Hold the bowl close to the surface of the water and slip the egg into it.
- Cook till the yolk begins to thicken but not hard. With the help of a spoon remove the eggs from the water.
- Serve the rice with poached eggs and vegetables. Drizzle it with sesame oil and enjoy.
Serving: 1 | Calorie 305 kcal | Carbohydrate 40g | Protein 12g | Fat 11g
Note-Please keeps in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used and preparation method.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!