Diabetes friendly desserts are the low caloric and low sugar recipes which use sugar alternatives like erythritol , stevia , monk fruit, dates to provide the sweetness to the desserts.
These delicious diabetes friendly desserts contain the right amount and type of sugar alternatives to satisfy your sugar cravings.
Here are a few quick diabetes friendly desserts
1. Chocolate Greek Yogurt Ice Cream –
- 2 1/2 oz. fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 oz. Vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp stevia
- Take the protein powder, greek yogurt, almond milk, cocoa and stevia and blend it together.
- Place it in the freezer.
- After an hour, take the ice cream out of the freezer and with the help of a spoon, turn it.
- Repeat it after every 30 minutes to avoid it becoming one big block of ice cream.
- In approximately 2 hours, the ice cream should be ready.
Nutrition Information –
Calories – 127 kcal | Carbohydrates – 8g | Sugar – 4g | Protein – 20g |
2. Chocolate Cake –
- 1 3/4 cups Almond flour
- 2 Cups erythritol
- 3/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk, low fat
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup hot water
Frosting Ingredients –
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Vanilla extract – 1tsp
- 1 tbsp erythritol
- Take all the dry ingredients and mix together in a large bowl.
- Take a medium bowl and whisk the eggs. Add vanilla extract, Oil and milk.
- Create a batter by mixing the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup warm water to it and mix.
- Grease a cake pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake it at a temperature of 350 F for about 45 minutes.
Instructions for frosting –
- Take a large bowl and whip the cream until stiff peaks are about to form.
- Beat the sweetener and vanilla until it peaks.
Nutritional Information (1 slice of cake (1/20 cake) with 2 tbsp of frosting )-
- Calories – 170 kcal | Protein – 5g | Carbohydrates – 6g | Fat – 16g | Sugar – 1g |
3. Dates Lado –
- 1 cup dates ( seedless )
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashew
- 2 tbsp raisins.
- 1/4 cup dry coconut
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Take 1 cup of seedless dates and blend it to make a coarse paste without adding water to it.
- Take a large kadai and heat 1 tbsp ghee.
- Add the almonds, cashews and dry coconut to it. Roast on a low flame till the nuts are crunchy.
- Add 1 tsp poppy seeds and roast it for another 2 minutes.
- Crush the raisins and add it. Mix well.
- Continue frying on a medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool for a minute.
- Instantly, start making the ladoos.
- Serve immediately or store it in a airtight container.
4. Diabetic Friendly Brownies –
Ingredients ( For brownies )-
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup monk fruit ( erythritol can also be used )
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts ( pecans or walnuts , optional )
Ingredients ( For toppings ) –
- 2/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Use a parchment paper and line it in a container.
- Take a small bowl, whisk the eggs and add butter to it.
- In another bowl , combine all the dry ingredients ( almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener , baking soda and unsweetened cocoa powder ).
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter to the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan using the parchment paper and allow it to cool.
Instructions ( for topping ) –
- Take the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle on the top of the brownies.
Nutritional Information ( Serving size – 12 ) –
Calories – 263 kcal | Carbohydrates – 20g | Protein – 6g | Fat – 20g | Sugar – 1g |
5. Dressed up Jello –
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons splenda ( for taste)
- 1 cup water ( for boiling )
- 1 package sugar free Jello ( of your favourite flavour )
- Take 1 cup of hot water and dissolve the Jello in it.
- Wait till the Jello is completely dissolved and add splenda to it.
- Add applesauce to it when the Jello is completely dissolved and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
- Cut it into cubes or any shape of your choice.
Serve it with fresh pineapple or low calorie yogurt for added flavour.
Nutritional Information ( 1/2 cup serving ) –
Calories -42 | Total carbs – 7g , Fiber -1g , Sugars – 0g | Net carbs – 6g | Protein – 1g |
Individuals with diabetes often tend to avoid the desserts. These diabetes friendly desserts are the recipes they can easily opt for.
Get started your with Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!