Italian tuna melt is the perfect option to go for, that is a combination of a healthy and easy to prepare snack. Tuna being a great protein source , provides the protein you need for muscle building and tissue repair.
This version of a tuna sandwich adds on all the herbs and spices that you need to get the perfect flavour that is healthy and delicious at the same time.
Here is a quick recipe for Italian Tuna Melt –
|Prep time – 15 minutes | Cook time – 10 minutes | Total time – 25 minutes | Serving- 2-4 |
Ingredients ( for tuna ) –
- 2 cans of tuna
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- Roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients ( for bread ) –
- 2 slices of Italian bread
- Olive oil
- Shredded Mozarella
- To make the tuna, mix all the ingredients including tuna, mayonnaise, vinegar, capers and red peppers together.
- To this add lemon juice, garlic powder , salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pre heat the broiler to high
- Using a parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Using a brush, brush the olive oil on the bread, place it on the parchment lined baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes.
- On the spread, spread the tuna and layer the cheese on it. Broil for another 5 minutes.
- Other herbs and spices can also be added according to taste.
- Prepare the tuna salad and keep it in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- For dinner, spread it on a bread and top with other dressings like tomatoes, basil and broil.
- Your dinner is ready in 5 minutes.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!