Pancakes are a perfect morning breakfast. These protein-packed blueberry lemon ricotta pancakes are pretty delicious as well as quite easy to make.
We are confident enough that you will love this dish and here’s why-
- They’re easy to make. All you have to do is whisk up the ingredients and the pancakes cook up in just a few minutes.
- These pancakes are made with such ingredients that it makes a perfect guilt-free indulgence.
- They’re absolutely delicious. On top of that, they are highly packed with protein.
The luscious blueberry lemon ricotta pancakes are not only delicious but also packed with extra protein from the ricotta cheese. It makes a perfect weekend breakfast. You can check our other Diabetes Friendly Desserts.
Can these pancakes be frozen?
Yes, absolutely! Keep them in an airtight bag or container and freeze them for up to 1 to 2 months.
Prep Time- 5 minutes | Cook Time- 10 minutes | Total Time- 20 minutes
Serving- 5 people | Calories- 186 kcal
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon stevia/erythritol(sweetener)
- ½ cup blueberries
- First blend rolled oats in a blender until ground like flour.
- Transfer this flour to a bowl and add lemon zest, lemon juice, baking soda, sweetener, yogurt, ricotta, egg whites, and berries.
- Mix everything properly until you get a smooth batter.
- Warm a griddle or a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into each pancake. You can sprinkle blueberries onto the pancake(optional).
- Once the batter begins to bubble and cook around the edges, flip it over for another minute or two.
- Serve immediately with sugar-free syrup, yogurt, or berries. Delish!
- Make sure the edges of the pancakes are dry and bubbles start forming in the center before you flip them
- Turn down the heat once the pan is good and hot to prevent the pancakes from browning.
- You can use cottage cheese in place of ricotta
- Use strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries instead of or in addition to the blueberries.
Calories- 186 kcal | Carbohydrate- 19g | Protein- 14g | Fat- 5g |
Note- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used and preparation methods.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!