Colocasia Leaf Raita is made by combining this low-carb leaf with curds, lemon juice, and an aromatic and flavourful tempering that enhances the subtle taste of the leaves.
Use low-fat curds to curb the fat content. Serve them with Methi Crispies or Spicy Pudina Khakhras to enjoy a light snack.
Colocasia leaves are a common ingredient in Maharashtrian and Gujarati cuisine. It is used to make wadi, paatra, and other such tasty dishes.
Colocasia also known as Taro, is an excellent source of fiber and resistant starch, which account for many of its health benefits, such as improved heart health, blood sugar levels, body weight, and gut health. Taro also contains a variety of antioxidants and polyphenols that protect against free radical damage and potentially cancer.
Here is another tasty dish using this diabetic-friendly ingredient:
Preparation Time: 10 mins, Cooking Time: 9 mins | Total Time: 19 mins | Makes – 4 servings
- 2 cups chopped colocasia leaves (arbi ke patte)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups whisked low-fat curds (Dahi)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 1 whole dry Kashmiri red chili, broken into pieces
- 5 curry leaves (Kadi Patta)
- a spring of coriander (dhania)
- Methi Crispies or Spicy Pudina Khakhras
1. Place the colocasia leaves in a steamer, sprinkle lemon juice evenly over it, and steam for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, combine the cooked colocasia, curds, salt, and leaves in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
3. For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
4. When the seeds crackle, add the asafetida, red chilies, and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
5. Add the tempering to the raita, mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. Garnish with a sprig of coriander and serve chilled with methi crispies or spicy pudina khakhras.
Energy 60 cal | Protein 4.4 g | Carbohydrates 6.8 g | Fiber 1.5 g | Fat 1.7 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 50 mg
Do try this recipe of Colocasia Leaf Raita!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!