While not every type of cuisine is ideal for the keto diet, Indian food is about to become your new best friend. Here we have got you the best 7 Indian Ketogenic Recipes to curb your hunger pangs on the keto diet. These food options add color and flavor to your culinary world.
So you’ve grabbed the whole full-fat dairy, low-carb lifestyle that comes with the keto diet. You’ve put carbs in the corner which you couldn’t. Phase one is complete. By now, you’re probably searching for recipes that’ll spice up your home cooking.
From seafood curries and tandoori to vegetable masalas, this list of Indian ketogenic recipes will prove that cuisine from this corner of the world offers up complex flavors that low-carb enthusiasts can work right into (as long as you’re cool with passing up that beloved naan).
You\’ll love to eat this creamy, buttery chicken straight from the pot with a spoon thanks to the smell alone. But hands off! It looks way better on a plate. This will be a rich combination of super-tender chicken pieces, and tomatoes, in your homemade yogurt marinade.
Be aware to brown the ingredients on the stove before mixing them into your special curry sauce, and pay special attention to those onions if you’re after perfect caramelization.
- Boneless Chicken Leg – 450 grams
- Tomato- 120 grams
- Onion- 80 grams
- Ginger- 5 grams
- Garlic- 7 grams
- Butter- 40 gram
- Fresh Cream- 80 grams
- Cilantro/Coriander- 5 grams
- Olive oil- 1 Tbsp
- Kasuri Methi- 5 grams
- Turmeric- ½ Tbs
- Red Chilli Powder- ½ Tbs
- Garam Masala Powder- ½ Tbs
- Cumin Powder- 1 Tsp
- Take Ginger, Tomato, Garlic, and Onion in a blender and make a Puree’ out of it. The consistency should be sturdy enough to coat the chicken.
- Dice the chicken into small pieces making it suitable for the size of a bite.
- Take a Bowl and Add Salt, Kasuri Methi, Chilly Powder, Turmeric, Garam Masala, and Cumin Powder. To this Spicy Mixture, add the Chicken Pieces and marinate for 40 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium flame and put olive oil in it. To the pan add the marinated Chicken. Let the chicken sit on one side without moving to get the color on one side.
- Flip the chicken to the other side and while the chicken is cooking add butter at different places in the pan. Add the butter while constantly mixing all the ingredients.
- To the pan containing chicken add puree out of the blender, and rinse the blender with some water to remove the excess puree remaining in the blender. Cover the pan and cook for another 12-15 minutes. Cook it thoroughly so that the spices are properly done.
- Once the chicken is done, the cooked chicken now adds the heavy cream. Garnish the chicken with coriander.
- Serve with Keto Naan or Cauli Rice or Keto Sides.
- Calories: 676
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 49g
- Protein: 48g
- Fiber: 2g
KETO PANEER BUTTER MASALA
Keto paneer butter masala is one of the most popular paneer recipes in the Indian kitchen. Indian Recipes are always full of distinctive aromatic spices, and flavors. Also, many of these recipes are somewhat already keto-friendly, almost all curries for example.
Undoubtedly, these dishes mostly come either with rice or naan bread, and these ingredients are not low-carb or keto. Well, You don’t have to worry about it because this Keto paneer butter masala curry is spicy, creamy, tangy, herby, and tastes even better served with homemade keto garlic naan.
- Paneer Cubes
- Kashmiri Red chili powder
- Cumin Seeds, Cardamom, ginger, Bay leaf, Dried red chilies, and garlic paste
- Kasoori methi, Garam Masala, Cumin Powder
- Chopped Coriander
- Olive Oil
- Make a tomato puree using 150gm tomatoes. Put the cleansed Tomatoes in a pan of boiling water and keep them covered for five minutes. The tomato peel will crack open and it can then be peeled off easily. Chop up the pulpy tomato into chunks and puree them in a blender.
- Heat two tbsp olive oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaf and dried red chilies, cardamom, and then some ginger garlic paste.
- Add three tbsp of butter and when this melts add 3 onions that have been minced finely.
- Cook the onion on medium flame until light golden. Now add the tomato puree and cook covered for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the dish from burning.
- Add Kashmiri red chili powder -two tbsp and a teaspoon each of garam masala and cumin powder.
- Crush a spoonful of kasoori methi in between your hands and then sprinkle them over the curry.
- Add one cup of water when the spices are cooked. Mix in 2 tbsp of chopped coriander and 200 grams of diced paneer.
- Sprinkle some fresh cream to elevate the dish according to your taste.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Protein- 8.2 g
Fats- 16 g
Carbohydrates- 6.9 g
Fiber- 1.5 g
KETO BUTTER NAAN
Complete your Indian feast with this easy low-carb keto butter naan bread recipe. This recipe prepared with almond flour is ready in less than 30 minutes, and is an absolute delight to have!
This delectable flatbread pairs perfectly with Indian food, but also would be a great side to soup or salad. Naan sounds like a complicated recipe but this gluten-free naan recipe is an extremely easy and quick version, with the added benefits of being keto-friendly.
- 2 tbsp Full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Couple with the shredded mozzarella and Greek yogurt in a large bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and stirrable to be smooth.
- Stir again at the end until well incorporated.
- Meanwhile, stir together the almond flour, eggs, and baking powder, in a medium bowl.
- Working immediately while the cheese is still hot, add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Squeezing with your fingers, until a uniform dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball. Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes if it\’s sticky, just until slightly cool to the touch but not stiff or frigid cold.
- Chop the dough ball into 6 sections, like a pie. Take one piece, roll it into a ball, then shape with your hands into a flatbread shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake the naan in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, until a few golden brown spots form, but slightly before it looks fully done. If any bubbles shape, pop them with a fork to flatten them.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the butter, garlic powder, and fresh parsley in a small bowl. Brush over the naan.
- Put back the naan in the oven for about 2 more minutes, until more golden brown.
- Serve hot with any keto-friendly curry and enjoy it!
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 28g
- Protein: 22g
- Total Carbs: 9g
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
This keto version of Upma is made with cauliflower rice and a few vegetables which is a delicious, low-carb, gluten-free, vegetarian keto breakfast dish that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Keto upma is 40% low in carbs, 25% low in calories, and has more nutrients than the traditional semolina up version.
The flavor and texture are no less than traditional upma and you gonna love it if you are planning to have a healthy breakfast this weekend. You can just omit carrots and green peas in this cauliflower upma recipe if you are on Keto Diet and you can have it with coconut chutney or with hung curd.
- Mustard seed
- Cumin seed
- Curry leaves
- Grated ginger
- Green chili
- Garam masala
- Chaat masala
- Blend 200g Cauliflower in a food processor using the metal blade attachment till you get a rice-like consistency.
- Add 2 Tbsp Ghee, 40g Onions, 10 Curry leaves, 5g grated ginger,1 Tbsp cumin seeds, 1 Tbsp mustard seeds, and 1 green chili in a pan.
- Add in the cauliflower once the onions turn colorless. Now add 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp chaat masala, and salt to taste.
- To this, add 1.5 cups of water, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes or till the water dries and the rice is soft.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Poha is a favorite of many Indians and is one of those dishes that people on the Keto lifestyle tend to miss quite a bit. Don’t worry, here is the keto version of this loved breakfast staple. The Keto poha recipe is prepared with cauliflower which is just as amazing as the mainstream poha with greater benefits.
Poha is a staple Indian breakfast, that is made from a flattened and dehydrated rice flake. Its keto version is savory and spicy. The recipe is low on carbs, making it an ideal food idea for Ketogenic diet followers.
It is a satisfying meal & is enjoyed by almost each of the age-groups. The traditional recipe uses flattened rice flakes, which will be replaced with grated cauliflower.
- 200 g Cauliflower
- 30 g Onion
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 5 g mustard seeds
- 7 curry leaves
- Pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 4-5 peanuts
- 2 green chilies
- A sprig of coriander
- Take a saucepan and add enough water to it to boil the cauliflower. Put in cauliflower and boil it for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- Remove the cauliflower from the flame. Drain the excess water from the pan.
- Now add the boiled cauliflower into a food processor and pulse it till you get a rice-like consistency.
- Heat a pan on medium flame, and add 2 tbsp ghee to it.
- When the ghee becomes hot, add mustard seeds, and curry leaves. When it starts crackling, add in onion, peanuts, green chilies, pink Himalayan salt according to taste, and turmeric, and cook for 3 minutes.
- To the pan, add cauliflower rice, and ¼ cup water, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the cauliflower rice, till it becomes soft.
- Garnish poha with coriander, and squeeze lime juice. Enjoy!
Total calories- 232 kcal
Protein- 8 g
Net Carbs- 6 g
Fats- 30 g
KETO VEGETABLE CURRY
Who doesn’t love curry? While following keto we often lean more and more towards eating gravy vegetarian dishes, and this Keto Vegetable Curry will have even meat lovers asking for more. Everyone needs a good vegetable curry recipe in their life. This keto vegan version is a winner guy.
Keto Vegetable Curry is full of nourishing goodness and perfectly spiced to give a little kick without being too hot. You can, of course, add more chili if you’re hardcore! It’s low in carbs and high in nutrients, especially electrolytes, thanks to a combination of vegetables, plus lots of healthy fats.
You know curry is good right when you just look at the deep color of the sauce and want to drink it? This is one of those. Couple with cauliflower rice for the ultimate keto vegetarian meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 50g Brinjal
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- ⅓ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 20g Onion
- 10g Garlic
- 10g Ginger
- 50g Zucchini
- 30g Tomato
- 2 Green Chilli
- 40 ml Coconut Milk
- 30g Kale
- Chop the brinjal and place on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of Himalayan salt, and roast for 20 minutes until soft and golden.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add onion, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for a few minutes.
- Now, add the spices and stir.
- To this, add tomatoes and chopped chili. Season with Himalayan salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for the next 10 minutes. Stir through the kale and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Shut down the heat and stir in the remaining olive oil and eggplant.
- Serve with Cauliflower Rice.
- Enjoy your keto vegetable curry with cauli rice.
Total calories- 350 kcal
Net Carbs- 6g
KETO HALWA PURI
Looking for some novel variations in your Navratri meals? Now cook your favorite Navratri delight, Halwa, and Puri but Keto-friendly! Like how cool is that? Nothing can beat the site of Keto Halwa and Puri.
Keto Halwa and Puri are keto-friendly and low-carb and can be easily made at home. It will perfectly fit into your Keto diet plan without sacrificing taste. The coconut powder, almond flour, and ghee will provide the fats you need.
Halwa is a sweet confection dense with complex flavors. We have different types of Halwa in India but all of them are loaded with sugar so we here make sure to make it sugar-free and carb-free. Puri is made usually with whole wheat flour which is high carb so we use keto-friendly flours to make fluffy puri.
For Keto Halwa
- Ghee/Clarified butter ¼ cup
- Almond flour ½ cup
- Coconut desiccated/Flour ½ cup
- Hot boiling water ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder ½ tsp
- Stevia sweetener ⅓ cup
- Almond silvers for decoration
For Keto Puri
- Almond flour 1 cup
- Coconut desiccated/Flour ½ cup
- Xanthum cup 2 tbsp
- Hung curd/Greek Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Warm water 1-2 tbsp
For Keto Halwa
- Put water to boil on a separate burner.
- In a non-stick Kadai, add ghee.
- Add almond flour and saute for a minute.
- Then add the coconut powder, and saute until the aroma of roasting comes out, or until the mixture turns golden a bit.
- Now add hot boiling water to it. Stir it continuously.
- It will slowly change into a thick paste, and the ghee will separate out.
- Add cardamom powder and sweetener and mix it thoroughly.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Keep it aside.
For Keto Puri
- Mix all the dry ingredients and then add hung curd and mix it up.
- Then with the help of water as required and make a soft dough.
- Knead it a bit and cover and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, knead the dough again and then roll out small puris in between the greased parchment sheet.
- Cut rounders with the help of a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadhai for frying.
- Fry the puris one by one.
Now, Dish the Halwa on a serving plate and sprinkle some almond slivers on it. Serve the halwa with fluffy Puris, and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Serving of Halwa
- Calories – 335.2 kcal
- Carbs- 1g
- Protein – 2.6 g
- Fats- 35 g
Serving of Puri (15 in total)
- Calories – 105.26
- Carbs – 0.6g
- Protein- 2.3g
- Fats – 9.93 g
Save yourself a little money, and even more carbs by putting chicken, paneer, or veggies to work with flavorful spices and sauces.
Keto food doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, a carb-restricted eating plan is going to be way easier to stick to if the food tastes as good as it makes you feel, try these Indian ketogenic recipes, and tell us how they turned out for you!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!