Jowar Pyaz Roti Recipe is a delicious and wholesome roti that you can make at home. It is packed with the goodness of jowar flour and the onions add to the taste of this thepla/roti. Serve along with a sabzi, dal, and salad for a weeknight dinner.
Jowar flour is rich in calcium, protein, and Iron that helps in regulating the proper blood regulation. It is a part of the millet family so therefore it is rich in fibre as well.
Millets are extremely good for diabetes and hence this Jowar roti makes a great diabetic-friendly recipe. Serve the Jowar Pyaz Roti along with Dal Palak, Aloo Parwal Sabzi, Gor Keri Pickle, Palak Raita Recipe for a wholesome lunch or dinner.
Here is its quick recipe:
Prep in 10 Mins | Cooks in 25 Mins | Total in 35 Mins
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1-1/2 cup Jowar Flour (Sorghum)
- 2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt, to taste
- To begin making the Jowar Pyaz Roti Recipe, in a large mixing bowl add chopped onions, green chilli, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur and turmeric, salt, whole wheat flour and jowar flour.
- Add water a little at a time and form a firm dough that is not sticky.
- Knead it well to form a dough. Rest the roti dough for at least 10 minutes and shape them into medium-sized balls.
- Dust it with wheat flour and roll the Jowar Pyaz Roti dough gently to make a thin circular Roti.
- The diameter of the Jowar Pyaz Roti depends on how thin or thick you want it to be.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough portions.
- Preheat the skillet on medium flame.
- Place the rolled Jowar Pyaz Roti gently on the Tawa and cook on both sides, drizzle oil or ghee and cook till the Roti have brown spots on either side.
- Once done, stack the Rotis/Theplas one over the other and serve hot.
- Serve the Roti along with Dal Palak, Aloo Parwal Sabzi, Gor Keri Pickle, Palak Raita Recipe for a wholesome lunch or dinner.
Fibre, calcium, protein and loads of energy come together in a tasty jowar pyaz roti flavoured with spring onions and green chillies! Do try this recipe with your family!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!