Chicken fajitas are low in cholesterol and a great choice. These are packed with nutritious ingredients, lean protein, and fiber. This means they’re not only good for your body, but also that you’ll feel satisfied and full for a long time after your meal, thanks to the protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
Here is how you can make Sheet-Pan Chicken Fajitas in the quickest way:
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil – OR grapeseed/avocado oil, divided**
- 3 bell peppers – seeds removed, ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 yellow onion – thinly sliced
- 1-1 1/2 lb chicken breasts – ¼-inch thick slices*
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- take 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- take 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes – or cayenne pepper(optional)
- have 1 lime
- *Prefer to cutting the chicken against the grain. This method creates more tender strips of fajita meat.
- **Do NOT use olive oil! We are roasting at a very high temperature. Olive oil should not be used at 400 degrees.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a standard-size rimmed baking sheet in the oven while it heats so that it’s nice and hot.
- In a large bowl toss 1 tablespoon oil with the bell peppers and onions. Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and spread the peppers and onions evenly across the sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, combine the remaining oil along with the chicken, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, coriander, and chili flakes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven, drain off any excess liquid and add the chicken, making sure to separate the pieces of chicken from each other (that way they don’t bake together.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted and the fajitas are golden brown. Remove, squeeze the lime juice over top and serve with desired toppings.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 223kcal
Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat : 6g | Cholesterol: 73mg| Sodium: 539mg | Potassium: 613mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2271IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg
Sheet- Pan Chicken Fajitas are definitely fresh, but you can do some of the prep work ahead of time! You can chop the veggies and chicken, the night before or the morning of, and store them in separate containers in the fridge. Or you can even chop them and freeze them for a future meal, just thaw it in the fridge the night before!
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat either in the microwave or in a pan on the stovetop!
Do try this recipe of Sheet-Pan Chicken Fajitas and have it with some tortillas.
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!