This low carb recipe of Keto Cauliflower Spinach Soup will warm you up! Not on in keto, you can have this soup in low carb, gluten-free, LC/HF, vegetarian or diabetic diet.
This soup has a good combination of Indian spices like pepper, cumin, paprika, and also complements cauliflower and spinach very well. Filling and gratifying enough to use as a main course or as an appetizer as per your preference.
The keto cauliflower spinach soup recipe is a great way to use your veggies and enjoy them! It’s quicky and easy to prepare and best for eating on a chilly fall or winter day!
You can add your good sources of protein and fats with it like chicken, paneer, eggs if required to make it more nutritious, healthy, and satisfying. This low carb recipe will just talk half an hour of your cooking time.
- One medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- First, heat a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add butter.
- When the butter stops foaming, add onions to the skillet.
- Cook onions until they are starting to brown on the edges and beginning to develop some translucency. Turn heat to low.
- Add the coriander, cumin, paprika, cardamom, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. Cook, while stirring for about two minutes to toast the spices.
- Add fresh ginger and tomato paste. Stir to mix well.
- Pour in cream and stock stirring to combine. Increase heat to medium. Bring the soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the soup has reached a simmer, add cauliflower and bring the soup back to a simmer and heat it on a lower flame.
- After that, Allow soup to simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10-13 minutes.
- Now add spinach and simmer soup a minute or two longer to wilt the kale.
- Lastly, stir in cilantro, salt or pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 27.4 grams
- Carbs: 12.6 grams
- Fiber: 3.7 grams
- Protein: 5.6 grams
- Net carbs: 8.9 grams
Keto Cauliflower Spinach Curry Soup – one of the ideal choices to help you lose weight. Most varieties of vegetable soup contain 100 calories or less per serving. Plus, vegetables contain lots of fiber, which helps you feel full and satisfied so you eat less all day.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!