Keto Chicken Garam Masala is one of the most popular white meats and is one of the richer sources of protein. Chicken is largely used across most continents and is used to make a variety of dishes. One such dish is Keto Chicken Garam Masala, which has become an inseparable part of Indian cuisine. It is a one of the popular chicken curries that you can easily find around the world.
Its popularity can also be understood by the fact that today several variations of this dish have come into existence. This is a mouth-watering delicacy that has a long history. Originating in Delhi, this is by far one of the most popular chicken dishes eaten in restaurants and is the first dish that comes to your mind when eating out.
With a little sweet and mildly spicy flavor, this non-vegetarian recipe was traditionally made with leftover tandoori chicken which was marinated with yogurt and a melange of spices and then cooked in a gravy of tomatoes and, cream and loads of butter. It is one of those dishes which were discovered by accident, however, it has remained at the top of its game since all these years.
Meet your new favorite spice blend! Garam masala makes every meal sing with earthy, aromatic, and complex flavors. Throw in silky coconut cream, sweet bell peppers, and chicken, and you’ll want to make this Keto dish over, and over, again. And then over again! Well here\’s the recipe! Go and reward your taste-buds now!
Ingredients for the Garam Masala:
- Ground cumin- 1 tsp
- Coriander seed, ground- 1 tsp
- Ground cardamom (green)-1 tsp
- Turmeric, ground- 1 tsp
- Ground ginger- 1 tsp
- Paprika powder- 1 tsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Pinch ground nutmeg- 1 tsp
Ingredients for chicken:
- Chicken breasts- 400 grams
- Butter or olive oil- 1 tbs
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Red bell pepper, finely diced- 1
- Unsweetened coconut cream/heavy whipping cream- 1 cup
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped- 1 tbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix cumin, coriander seed, cardamom, turmeric, ground ginger, paprika powder, chili powder, nutmeg powder for making the garam masala.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into bite-size pieces.
- Place a large skillet on gas over medium heat. Add butter to the skillet and let it heat up until it is completely melted. Once the entire butter melts add in the chicken pieces. Fry the chicken until it becomes golden brown in color.
- Add half of the garam masala mixture to the pan with continuous stirring.
- Season the chicken with pink Himalayan salt, and place the chicken, along with juices, in a baking dish.
- Take a small bowl and add finely diced bell pepper along with the coconut cream. Add in the remaining garam masala mix.
- Pour the above mixture over the chicken. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)–
Total Calories – 620
Proteins – 38 gms
Net Carbs – 6gms
Fats – 50 gms
Craving your favorite food is so human and we understand that. Keto Chicken Garam Masala while being low in carbs, is the perfect option to get your hands on. Being a high source of protein comes along as the cherry on the cake.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!