These amazing Indian low-carb cauliflower recipes are some of the best recipes out there.
Indian Keto Cauliflower Recipes
1. Keto Indian Roasted Cauliflower–
Ready in an instant, this is the perfect side dish to an Indian curry or is perfect on its own for a meat-free meal! This Keto Indian Roasted Cauliflower feels surprisingly rich considering it’s cooked with some cauliflower, spices, and almonds. It is rich, pleasing, and warms you to the core. Best part? It’s ready so fast, you’ve got no excuse not to try it!
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup almonds crushed/smashed up
- Two teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander please use even if you hate it!
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt no sugar!
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 392F.
- In a dry, ovenproof frying pan, add all spices and crushed almonds and toast over medium heat, stirring regularly, for 2 -3 minutes until aromatic.
- Now, add the butter and melt entirely, stirring with the spices.
- Add the cauliflower and toss to blend with the spice mixture. Cook in the frying pan for 2 – 3 minutes until just beginning to turn golden.
- Pour the lemon juice over the top and toss to mix.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, mix the yogurt and dried mint.
- Serve garnished with coriander and mint yogurt sauce.
Nutrition info per serving :
- Calories- 193
- Fat- 16g
- Carbs- 7g
- Protein- 5g
2. Keto Cauliflower makhani bites–
This is a vegan keto recipe for you. It’s a fast and easy recipe which is a nice spicy cauliflower preparation. It’s fantastic for a snack or a main course. Enjoy!!
- 500 grams Cauliflower
- 60 grams Tomato (pureed)
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- One Tsp Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 Tsp Tandoori Masala
- Half Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Half Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to Taste
- Fresh Coriander
- Firstly, cut and wash the cauliflower into florets and season with salt, tandoori masala, and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200C in the oven.
- Heat 2Tbsp olive oil in a saucepan and fry the cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste.
- Add in the tomato puree and spices and lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, and coriander and season to taste.
- Remove cauliflower and pour the sauce.
- Bake for another 10 minutes till cooked all the way.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 274
- Net Carbs: 8g
- Carbs: 15g
- Fat: 23g
- Protein: 5g
- Fiber: 7g
3. Keto Coconut Cauliflower Rice– Keto Coconut Cauliflower Rice recipe is a mildly spiced South Indian cauliflower dish cooked with coconut and seasoned with various spices. It is appetizing and is also easy to make. It\’s Paleo, keto, low carb, and vegan.
- 1.5 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup grated coconut(fresh or frozen)
- 2 slit green chilies
- One broken red chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- a pinch asafoetida/hing (optional)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil OR ghee OR olive oil
- salt as needed
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a Kadai. Add mustard, cumin seeds, hing, and let the mustard and cumin pop.
- Add curry leaves, dry red chili, green chili, ginger, and roasted peanuts. Saute for another 1 minute.
- Then add freshly grated coconut & saute it for 1-2 minutes until coconut is slightly brown.
- Now add cauliflower rice, and salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in between and switch off the flame.
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice is Ready & serve hot with greek yogurt.
- Frozen riced cauliflower also can be used as a substitute.
- You can also use ghee or olive oil as an alternative to coconut oil for this recipe.
- You can keep riced cauliflower (uncooked) for up to 7 days in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- You can store cooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for 4 days.
Nutrition Info :
- Calories- 107
- Fat- 6g
- Carbs- 11g
- Protein- 3 g
4. Keto Cauliflower Upma–
Keto Cauliflower Upma recipe is cooked with cauliflower rice and a few vegetables which are a delectable, low-carb, gluten-free, vegetarian keto breakfast dish that can be prepared under 30 minutes.
- 200 grams Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Ghee/Oil Butter
- 20 grams of Peanuts
- 5 grams Ginger
- 50 grams Onion
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- One tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Green Chilly (Chop for maximum spice)
- Coriander for Garnish
- Blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor.
- Head 2 tbsp ghee in a kadhai/wok/frying pan and add in the mustard seeds and cumin.
- Once they start to sizzle add in the onion, curry leaves, ginger, and chilly and season with salt
- Fry the onions till they are sheer and just start coloring.
- Add in the cauliflower and fry for a few minutes
- Add a cup of water. Lid and cook for 10 minutes
- Keep checking and stirring every few minutes to confirm that nothing sticks.
- Cook till the water dries up again.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 223
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
5. Keto Cauliflower Pakora-
Craving bread pakoras? Well, we have a keto pakora recipe for you. These crispy cauliflower fritters are covered in an Indian spiced batter and fried until crisp and golden. These are a great snack or starter served with a bowl of cooling yogurt dip or cucumber salsa on the side.
- Olive Oil For Frying
- One small cauliflower
- a tsp water
- a tsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- One tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ garlic
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Dice the cauliflower into small florets and add to a pan of boiling water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft. Drain, pat dry, and set aside to chill.
- Now, add the ground almonds, cumin, coriander, ginger, garlic powder, turmeric, lemon juice, baking soda, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Pulse to mix.
- Add the egg and water and combine to a smooth paste. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooled cauliflower to the mixing bowl and use your hands to mix the cauliflower and batter together.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over high heat. Once hot, carefully scoop half the cauliflower and the batter mixture into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, turning halfway through until crisp and golden. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels then repeat with the remaining cauliflower florets.
Nutrition Info :
- Calories- 293
- Carbs- 7.2g
- Protein- 8.4g
- Fats- 27.2g
6. Keto Tandoori Cauliflower–
Aloo Gobhi or cauliflower with potatoes is a staple dish of North India. But since we cannot have potatoes, we need to look for methods to make the humble cauliflower retain its star status. So we have for you today Keto Tandoori Cauliflower or Cauliflower that is partially baked in the oven. It is covered with rich masala which oozes right in and makes the final dish lip-smacking. The only thing you need to be careful of is not to overcook the florets or they will become a mash. Try this dish today and you will love cauliflower a little more.
- 1 Kg Cauliflower or 2 medium Whole Florets
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 50 gms or half cup whole milk Yogurt
- 5 tsp Ghee for Masala
- 2 tsp Ghee for baking
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder (optional)
- 50 gms Chopped Onions (optional)
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- Chopped Coriander about a tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pink salt
- Wash the cauliflower. Now put it in a vessel of boiling water, and add salt and turmeric powder to it. Let it boil for ten minutes, drain and let it cool.
- In a pan add 5 tsp ghee and add the diced onions, and fry them till pink.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and dry masalas and cook on medium heat.
- After three to five minutes add the curd or yogurt and cook more till the oil separates.
- Add the coriander, and salt and switch off the heat. Allow this masala to cool down.
- Now apply this masala to the cauliflower properly with your hands. Insert it inside and between the florets too.
- Whenever you are ready to eat, bake, and grill these cauliflowers in the oven at 250 degrees celsius for 20 minutes. Pour the remaining 2 tsp ghee over the cauliflower. Bake till they get a nice golden crust on the outside.
- The dish really does not need any complement. You can slice pieces and have it just like that.
- Calories- 93
- Net Carbs- 6g
- Protein- 3g
- Fats- 6g
7. Vegetarian Keto Cauliflower Tikka Masala-
Keto Cauliflower Tikka Masala is a wonderful vegetarian meal option for Meatless Mondays or whenever you’re feeling to eat something lighter. The low-carb tikka masala sauce is packed full of flavor from cumin, ginger, garam masala, and other delicious aromatics. You can serve it serve with some cucumber raita, sliced cucumber, and charred onions on the side for a complete meal.
- One head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (640 g/ 1.4 lb)
- One tsp ground cumin
- a tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter or virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced (95 g/ 3.4 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One tbsp minced ginger (6 g/ 0.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- one 1/2 tsp paprika
- a tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- One 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- Half cup of water
- Half cup coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Firstly, preheat oven to 220 °C/ 425 °F (conventional), or 200 °C/ 400 °F (fan assisted). Toss the cauliflower florets in a large bowl with the oil and spices. Arrange onto a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes until soft.
- When the cauliflower has 15 minutes left start on the sauce. Heat the butter in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onion starts to caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the spices and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic. Pour in the tomatoes, water, and cream. Bring to a simmer stirring periodically for 10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is done add it to the skillet with the cilantro.
- Toss to combine and serve.
- Calories- 248
- Carbs- 14.5 g
- Net carbs- 8.9g
- Proteins- 4.7g
- Fats- 21.2 g
8. Keto Cauliflower Tikki-
The Tikki or cauliflower fried cakes are yummy, crunchy, have an original Indian taste, and are so effortless to make. With just three main ingredients you will be able to amaze yourself and your family too. Make sure you don’t overcook cauliflower and you can add spices of your own choice.
- 180 gms Grated Cauliflower
- 60 gms Amul Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion powder
- Less than half tsp Carrom Seeds/Ajwain
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil for frying
- White salt and Pink salt according to taste
- Half a cup chopped fresh Coriander
- 5 tsp Telephone brand Isabgol or Psyllium Husk
- Wash a fresh Cauliflower head and pat it dry.
- Grate it and squeeze all the water out of it. This is the most necessary step of this recipe so be patient and remove as much water as you can.
- Now in a micro safe box put the cauliflower and micro it on high for four minutes. The lid of the box should be lightly placed on it.
- Let it cool down and grate the cheese in the meantime. I have used mozzarella as it binds well and becomes nice and stringy on cooking.
- Now in a bowl put the cauliflower and the cheese.
- Add the garlic, onion powder, and both the salts and carom seeds. Mix well.
- Add the fresh coriander and mix some more. Use the backside of the spoon to mash the batter, and make it even and smooth.
- Now add the Psyllium Husk and mix some more for three to four minutes.
- et the batter rest for a few minutes, while you heat the coconut oil on a non-stick pan.
- Roughly divide the batter into eight parts.
- Apply a few drops of coconut oil to your palm and start giving the shape of Tikki to the mixture, they should resemble crab cakes. The mixture is not tough to handle and a little pressure of the palm gives it the desired shape.
- Start placing the tikkis directly on the hot pan.
- Let the tikkis cook on one side for four to five minutes before you flip them gently. Keep the heat at medium.
- Flip as many times, till the time you do not get an even golden color and a crispy outside.
- Enjoy them hot with your favorite chutney or sauce.
- Calories – 73
- Net Carbs – 1.2 g
- Protein – 2.3 g
- Fats – 6.6 g
We love these recipes, and know you will too! Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!