Festivities in India are never complete without sweets and just because you are on keto, doesn\’t mean you can miss out on the sweetness. Here\’s a recipe for the ever-favorite Keto Barfi that is a great substitute for all those heavy calories as it contains a negligible amount of carbohydrates and serves your sweet tooth so you can enjoy it guilt-free.
A barfi is a dense milk based sweet confectionery from India, a type of sweet. Coconut barfi is a traditional Indian sweet made in almost all parts of India. It is very easy to make and just needs a few ingredients.
In this recipe, we tried the keto version of normal barfi by replacing some ingredients with keto-friendly ingredients and the final dish is very satisfying. The barfi is creamy, soft, and very close to the original plus they are extremely low in carbs so we don’t need to worry about the portion control as well.
1) 1 ¾ cups shredded unsweetened coconut (130 gms)
2) 1 ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk (320 ml)
4) 4tbsp erythritol (40g)
5) 1 tsp cardamom powder/ elaichi powder
6) 10-20 saffron threads
7) Top with chopped almonds
1) Take a Bowl and mix the shredded coconut with 300 ml coconut milk.
2) Let this mixture rest for 30 minutes.
3) Add the remaining 20 ml coconut milk and add the saffron threads along with erythritol. Mix it properly for the sugar to dissolve.
4) After 30 minutes, heat it and melt the ghee in it. Add the coconut mixture, and keep mixing it and ensure the flame is at low and the mixture does not stick to the surface. Keep mixing for 5-7 minutes.
5) Add the Elaichi/ Cardamom powder and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes.
6) Take a baking tray /barfi tray and spread butter on it and spread the mixture evenly, up to 1 cm thick. Freeze it for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
7) Cut small squares according to your liking and the barfi is ready.
8) Now leave it in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Serving Size – 1 piece
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!