This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is filled with flavour that even your non-Keto family members will want a bowl of this!
Soups that use cornflour for consistency are not at all friendly to a person who wants to have keto-friendly meals, without even regretting the fact that ketosis is to be maintained. Broccoli has high anti-inflammatory properties and low on carbs at the same point. Along with cheese, this makes up the healthiest option when hungry in between major meals.
You can have the soup cold or hot, you can have it thick or thin, chunky or smooth, it’s just a wide range of options when it comes to making it. You can use xanthan gum to thicken the soup. Just a little bit will help this soup come together.
Onions and garlic are used in this soup and if you want to lower the carb count even more you can go right ahead and skip those. To give your soup extra fat increase just add a tablespoon of butter to it while serving. You can also chop up some chicken and add it and egg yolk can be added for extra creaminess.
1) 70 g broccoli
2) 10 g Onion
3) 2 g garlic
4) 80 ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock (You can also use water)
5) 2 tbsp Heavy Cream/Double Cream
6) 12 g Cheddar Cheese
7) 5 g Butter
8) 5 ml tablespoon olive oil
9) Pink Himalayan salt to taste
10) ½ tsp black pepper.
11) ½ paprika
12) ¼ tsp cayenne powder
1) Clean and cut the broccoli and separate the florets and the stalk. Roughly dice the stalks and dice up the florets into small pieces.
2) Heat a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of butter in your saucepan and once melted add in the roughly chopped onion and the broccoli stalks.
3) Cook on medium heat till they start to brown and then add in the garlic.
4) Once you start to see some color season with pink Himalayan salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper and cook out the spices for a minute.
5) Deglaze with chicken or vegetable stock or water and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
6) Transfer the cooked veggies to a food processor and blend with the liquid till you get a smooth and creamy soup.
7) In the same pan heat butter and fry the broccoli florets. It\’s best to start cooking and not move them and allow them to get a nice char for that lovely roasted flavor.
8) Once they have some nice color pour the blended soup mixture through a sieve into the pot..
9) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes.
10) Add in your heavy cream and cheese and mix well.
11) Cook till all the cheese has melted and you have a nice creamy soup. At this point, you can use your immersion blender to puree the florets and break them down further if you like.
12) Serve hot and enjoy well with your family.
Calories- 230 kcal
Carbohydrates- 2.5 g
Protein – 1 g
Fats – 24 g