These homemade Keto Gummy Bears are on point! Imagine admirably chewy and yummy goodies, consist 1.5g net carbs per 25 gummy bear serving! And yes, these are literally chewy and not just flavored jello! But they are slighter chewy than your store-bought gummies.
It’s sometimes hard to believe that you can make candies at home that are actually good for you! Lead in these keto gummy bears, which have collagen, antioxidants (courtesy of the berry powders!), and a healthy dose of vitamin C.
This sour gummy version is absolutely everything (and more!). We won\’t lie, they took us right back to college and late nights at the library. There’s just something about that sour punch and salivary-glands-in-action that just does it for us!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE KETO GUMMY BEARS
FOR GUMMY BEARS:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raspberry powder
- 2-4 tablespoons allulose or xylitol, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin C powder or one TBSP lemon juice, to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons gelatin
FOR THE SOUR GUMMY COATING:
- 2 teaspoons allulose
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry powder optional (but highly suggested!)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon vitamin C powder to taste
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE KETO GUMMY BEARS
FOR THE KETO GUMMIES:
Add the water, raspberry powder, sweetener, and vitamin C to a saucepan. Stir to combine and feel free to adjust the sweetness to taste.
To this, add the gelatin, stir to combine, and turn on the heat to low. Continue mixing to ensure everything is well dissolved and evenly distributed, about 3 minutes (do not let it simmer though!). Detach from heat once the mixture is smooth and you begin to see some steam.
Pour into a bowl right away and, using the gumdrop, begin to fill up the silicon molds.
Allow the molds to come to room temperature, about 15 minutes, and place in the fridge for half an hour or until set. Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 10-15 days.
FOR THE SOUR GUMMY COATING:
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl, adjusting sourness with the vitamin C to taste. Whisk in a serving of gummies, toss until evenly coated and enjoy right away
- Be mindful that the sour version doesn\’t store well (the sour coating dissolves) and are best enjoyed right away!
- Also, keep in mind that you\’re procuring gelatin and not collagen, which won\’t gel. Always use a grass-fed one
- For the fruit juice, use powdered dried fruit (unsweetened, all-natural) in two flavors: raspberry and black raspberry.
- And you can also use the powders to flavor chia puddings, make yogurt a bit more fun, turn your cheesecake-for-1 fruity, similarly for the vanilla ice cream, buttercream fat bombs, or added to milkshakes i.e. endless possibilities guys!
- But if you don\’t want to use powdered berries, you could also use a tea infusion (something like this raspberry tea would work, for instance). Or you can prepare your own fruit drink with fresh fruit too.
- For vitamin C powder, use an organic one. While it\’s totally optional and you can use lemon juice instead, we also highly suggest it!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!