On keto, there’s a lack of condiments to use that aren’t mayo-friendly. So we thought making a very flavorful Keto Red Pesto would be a great addition to many dishes on keto. The possibilities are endless – and it’s ready in only 5 minutes!f
Generally, Pesto is a very simple recipe of basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil. Over the years people have added more and more ingredients to this ultimate recipe in order to adapt to tastes and preferences.
Our personal addition is tomato paste. We feel like the original version of this recipe was slightly bitter with the basil. A touch of tomato paste adds some sweetness, acidity, and cuts back on the bitterness.
As a side note, it’s worth mentioning the quality of the ingredients. If you get the top-notch quality ingredients, your pesto will taste better. We have fresh basil from the garden, organic pine nuts, and a high-grade Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE KETO RED PESTO
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE KETO RED PESTO
1. Place the fresh basil in a container.
2. Add toasted pine nuts to it You can toast these yourself in a pan over low heat if you did not purchase them pre-toasted.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except oil, and use an immersion blender to blend everything together. As it’s blending, add oil slowly.
4. Jar up and utilise as needed – it goes great with chicken!
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Protein- 1.7 g
Fats- 1.4 g
Carbohydrates- 0.7 g
Fiber- 1.3 g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!