It’s the monsoon and that’s when our fellow Indians sit back with a cup of chai and pakora and enjoy the weather. If we\’re being honest, we are not a chai and pakora kind of people, give us a cup of coffee and a chicken sandwich and we\’re happy. The timing for this pakora couldn’t be more perfect. So go ahead and fry up Keto Paneer Pakora.
Paneer is the primary protein for most vegetarians on the Keto diet. It\’s also pretty easy to make at home if you don’t have access to it, in fact, you can make it at home too. This recipe is damn easy and will help you hit your fat macros and has almost no carbs per serving.
The Keto Paneer Pakora recipe makes 2 servings. These macros include a fair amount of oil that would be absorbed during deep frying. We normally assume that to be 1 tbsp. If you are super particular then you can weigh your frying oil before and after.
This will to know exactly how much has been absorbed. Also then recollect weighing the paper towel that you drain the pakoras on. And, all the carbs here are FIBER from the psyllium husk.
Ingredients To Make Keto Paneer Pakora
- 100 grams Paneer
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Ghee/Oil for Deep Frying
Instructions To Make Keto Paneer Pakora
- Mix half the Kashmiri chili powder with half the turmeric, all the garam masala, and some salt (about 1/2 tsp), and mix it all to create a dry rub.
- Separately, dab the paneer pieces in the spice mix and coat well. Else combine all of it together in a bowl so the paneer is well coated.
- Crack the egg in a bowl to make the batter and mix with some salt, the rest of the chili powder and Tumeric, and the Kasuri methi and mix well.
- Then add in the1 tsp of psyllium husk at a time till the mixture is nice and thick like a batter.
- Soak the paneer in the batter and then deep fry. Prepare till the batter is nice and golden brown.
- Serve hot with Keto green chutney.
- Calories: 270
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 35g
- Protein: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!