Other than soup, pasta, or salad, there’s nearly nothing you can cook that is as versatile as the not-so-humble frittata, which is nothing more than an open-faced omelet. Meatball frittata is a recipe which we are going to make today!
Just about whatever you’ve got leftover in your fridge, including spaghetti you brought home from the Italian restaurant (and definitely the toppings from that box of cold pizza), can be worked into a frittata and turned into a meal that might feed you a couple times or more.
A frittata makes a pretty brunch dish and is, if well-planned, a beautiful addition to the holiday table.
- 200g fresh potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 3 oz frozen peas
- low-fat cooking spray or mist
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3-1/2 cups ready-prepared meatballs (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated half-fat grated cheese
- rocket leaves to serve (optional)
- Prepare the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 6 minutes. Adjoin the peas, bring them back to a boil, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- Heat the grill/broiler to hot. Liberally, spritz large non-stick frying or saute pan with low-fat spray or mist. Heat, adjoin the onion, and cook for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Put in the meatballs and cook for 10-15 minutes (depending upon type), stirring occasionally until cooked and no longer pink if using raw meat type. Saute in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Mix the potatoes and peas and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs with seasoning to taste and pour over the meatball mixture. Drizzle over the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes to set the bottom of the frittata.
- Drizzle over the cheese and grill/broil for 2-3 minutes until golden and set. Serve warm or cold with arugula over your serving as an option.
Nutritional Information Per Serving :
- Calories 235
- Protein: 21.1g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3g
- Fat: 11.4g
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish. It’s similar to an omelet. You must definitely try it with meatballs! So Meatball frittata would be tastier!
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!