Didn\’t think you could eat donuts on keto? Think again! Yes, You can have Keto Donut. These almond flour-based donuts are so fluffy and light and you will love them.
A Keto Donut is a round-shaped, deep-fried cake, usually with a hole in the center or you can say it is a small cake of sweetened or, sometimes, unsweetened dough fried in deep fat, typically shaped like a loop or when prepared with a filling, a ball, anything shaped like a thick ring.
This low carb keto donut recipe with almond flour is easy to make and these keto donuts taste like just regular sugar-coated donuts. It’s a sugar-free treat for all of us.
They are delicious, spongy, and moist with a hint of vanilla and rolled in granulated sweetener. And also they are baked not fried which is a plus point for keto dieters.
- Vanilla essence
- Almond flour
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Casein powder
- Heavy cream
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Whip 3 eggs until fluffy consistency.
3) Combine the 3 egg yolks, ½ cup Splenda, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2tbsp butter in a separate bowl then beat until well mixed.
4) Combine ½ cup almond flour, ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp cinnamon, and 2 tbsp cocoa powder in a separate mixing bowl.
5) Gently overlap the wet ingredients into the whipped egg whites.
6) Slowly add the bowl of whisked dry ingredients into the wet mixture while mixing continuously.
7) Fill the donut pan ¾ of the way full on each mold.
8) Bake for 15 minutes.
9) In a separate bowl, combine 2 scoops of casein powder and 2 tbsp heavy cream until it is thick and forms the icing.
10) Spill the icing over the donuts when they have cooled and donuts are ready to be served.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Calories – 143.38
Net Carbs- 3.65 g
Protein – 10.51 g
Perfect for gluten-free, grain-free Keto, low carb, and paleo diets. It’s a perfect breakfast option for you and your family that can be prepared in 15-20minutes.
You can enjoy one for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you have that donut craving without having to head out to Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!