Keto loaded mashed cauliflower makes the best side dish. And we don’t say that lightly. It can be enjoyed with all the protein sources and veggies. If you are hosting a keto party or have got picky eaters, this is your best side dish to serve which is extremely healthy! Keto loaded mashed cauliflower be enjoyed with chicken, bacon, and cheese and you definitely will not miss your potatoes.
It’s perfect to fit into a category of scrumptious, delicious, very filling, and keto/low carb snacks. Cauliflower is a complete hit in a keto world. This recipe is versatile and takes care of your taste buds while on a keto diet. Enlisted below are the ingredients that are used in preparing this recipe
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower
- 8 pieces bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups shredded cheese
FOR THE SEASONING:
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- Additional shredded cheese
- Cut the cauliflower into medium-sized florets and place them into a pot. Fill the pot with water to cover the florets. Place the pot on the stove and cover, turn the heat on high and bring the water to a boil. Once the water reaches a boil, boil, covered for 15 minutes, or until the florets are very soft.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, dice bacon and place it in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until the bacon is browned, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- While the bacon is cooking, shred the cheese and prepare the seasoning mix by adding all of the seasoning ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mixing well.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, dump it in a colander to drain.
- Add the cauliflower back into the pot and mash with a potato masher. Keep the heat on low to help evaporate any water.
- Add in the ghee, seasoning mix, bacon and cheese. Mix well to incorporate. Serve topped with optional toppings as desired.
1: If you are looking for a fine “mashed potato” consistency, transfer the cauliflower to a food processor with the S blade and process until smooth (you may need to do this in batches). Then, transfer the pureed cauliflower back into the pot.
2: If you want a cheesy top layer, you can transfer the cauli mash to a casserole dish and top with extra shredded cheese. Place in the oven under the broil setting to melt the top layer of cheese and serve.
3: This dish can be prepared in advance and reheated. Just complete all of the steps, transfer to a casserole dish, cover and refrigerate. Cook covered at 350° Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes or until warmed through.
Saturated Fat: 9g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!