TheSpeakToday features Keto India and talks about the ins and outs of the Keto Diet, how Keto India helps their Clients, and Top Keto Recipes for you to try!
All About Desi Ketogenic Diet!
Keto India is one of India’s largest health companies that provides personalized ketogenic diet plans to clients in India and (11 countries) across the globe. At Keto India, we cover everything right from getting your body in a state of ketosis to helping you with calculated values of portions of meals that you should eat, helping you with right supplements and of course, loads of delicious Indian recipes on the keto diet to make sure it stays interesting for you.
Basis researches, the ketogenic diet is 2.2 to 3 times faster than the usual caloric deficit diet in terms of weight loss.
The ketogenic diet works well not just for people who are looking for an accelerated weight loss, but also for people with thyroid, PCOS, diabetes, epilepsy, Alzheimers, and even brain tumors.
But wait, what is ketosis, and what is the ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is a low carbohydrate, moderate protein, and high-fat diet where your body metabolizes fats as a source of fuel as you eat fat.
Conventionally, on your current diet, your body metabolizes carbohydrates to produce glucose, which acts as a source of energy for our body. However, if the amount of carbohydrates in our diet comes down to a really low level, the amount of glucose and the consequent amount of energy being produced is not sufficient for the body to run its activities on, which is where the body looks for an alternative source of fuel.
Enter Fats. The body finds fats that can burn to produce ketones, which is what acts as a source of fuel for the body in the presence of such low levels of carbohydrates. This state of the body is called ketosis, and the diet that enables the state of ketosis is called the ketogenic diet.
About the Founder
Sahil Pruthi, the Founder of Keto India is an engineering graduate from the Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, which is India’s top engineering colleges in the country. Before Keto India, he has worked on building and scaling a healthcare tech startup in the silicon valley and on one of India’s largest growing travel marketplaces.
Realizing the power of metabolizing fat as a completely different source of fuel for the body, and to break the myth that “Fats are bad”, Sahil started Keto India with a team of nutritionists to help people not just with weight loss, but with various other health backgrounds.
Top Keto Recipes by Keto India
- 250g paneer/ chicken breast
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala/ allspice powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp tikka masala (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Psyllium husk/ almond flour bread crumbs for rolling
- 1 egg
- Oil of your choice for frying (keto-friendly)
- Blend the paneer/ chicken along with all the spices to get a smooth mix.
- Shape the paneer/chicken nuggets an
- Beat an egg and season it with some salt and pepper
- Dip the nugget in the egg wash first and then coat with psyllium husk or almond flour bread until it is evenly coated from all the sides and deep fry in olive oil.
Keto 90 sec Mug Bread
- 30g almond flour
- 16g Amul butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Oregano/pizza mix
- Mix all the ingredients in a mug and microwave for 90 secs.
- Let it rest for a min
- Overturn the mug and slice it
- ½ cup almonds/badam
- ⅓ cup ghee/ clarified butter
- hot water to soak the almonds
- Erythritol/ stevia as per taste
- A few saffron strands (Kesar)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elaichi powder
- few dry fruits, chopped
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 30 mins. You can also soak them overnight.
- Peel them and transfer to a blender. Coarse grind them and scrape from the sides.
- Heat a nonstick kadhai on a low flame, add ghee, and the almond mixture.
- Cook on a low flame for 7-10 mins with occasional stirring.
- Now add 4 tbsp erythritol or stevia to taste and 1 cup of hot water. Stir continuously.
- Add in some cardamom pods, chopped nuts, and saffron nut milk.
- Cook till the mixture thickens, separates from the pan, and ghee oozes out from the sides.
- Serve hot.
Get yourself started today with our Customized Diet Plans and Stay tuned for more such ketogenic transformation stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don\’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!