Well just like the original one, anticipate these keto oreo cookies to be a scrumptious vanilla cream sandwiched between two crisp dark chocolate cookies. The Keto Oreos are a low-carb take on the classic keto oreo cookies! These simple chocolate cookies filled with a sugar-free vanilla buttercream, these Low-carb Oreos are ready in just less than 15 minutes!
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2/3 cup of granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup of butter softened
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of keto vanilla frosting
- Wam the oven to 180C/350F. Edge two large baking trays with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Now in a large mixing bowl, combine your almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix thoroughly well. Into a separate bowl, add your granulated sweetener, eggs, and butter, and mix well, until smooth and then add the vanilla extract.
- Blend your wet and dry ingredients and mix well, till a thick dough remains. Utilizing your hands, form 24 small balls of dough. Put the dough on the two baking trays, and press down into a cookie shape.
- Cook the cookies for 12 minutes, before removing them from the oven and letting cool on the baking sheets completely. When cooled down, add frosting to half the cookies, before pressing down on each with the remaining cookies.
Tips to make the best low carb oreo cookies
- Don\’t overcook the cookies, because they continue to cook as they are cooling down.
- Use black cocoa powder instead of dutch processed cocoa.
- Your cookies should be cooled, before adding the frosting between them.
- If the frosting is too thick (firm), it will be difficult to spread and there is the potential for the cookies to break.
Storing and Freezing Keto Oreos
- Store: The cookies can keep well at room temperature, they are best stored in the refrigerator, for the frosting to remain firm. Have them covered, and they will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: The Keto Oreos are freezer-friendly, so store leftovers in a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. Leave overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Nutrition Info Per Serving :
- Calories: 194kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 14g
The Keto Oreo cookies are easy and delicious low carb chocolate cookies with a delectable vanilla cream filling. These are sugar-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly, and they taste just like the real thing.