Palak Paneer is one of the quintessential Indian dishes. It’s found on almost every single restaurant menu in the country. Also, Palak paneer is the most comforting food made at our home easily. It’s one of the delicious North Indian curry you can have in your main course. For keto dieters, It makes one of the quickest weeknight dinners. Even more so with me following the ketogenic way of eating, this curry has become a staple. It is perfect to hit the fat macros and to consume greens for the day. You will love that you can bulk up the fat macros by adding more paneer/cream/butter.
Keto Palak Paneer is a simple dish that could easily be used as a side dish, entree or even an appetizer! Paneer and spinach will add the main texture and color to your dish. All ingredients for Palak Paneer can be found at your local Indian Grocer or specialty store. You should also be able to find most of these spices online, including at Amazon.com.
- 200g paneer
- 200 g spinach
- 50 g Onion
- 5 g garlic
- 5 g Ginger
- 1 Green Chilly
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 50 ml Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- half Tsp Coriander Powder
- half tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to Taste
- 20 grams Ghee or Olive Oil to cook
The preparation you need-
- Finely chop all the vegetables except spinach.
- Chop paneer into 2 cm cubes.
- Wash and clean spinach.
- Boil water
- In a heat-safe bowl, add the cleaned spinach.
- Pour boiled hot water until the spinach is covered completely.
- Allow it to sit for 2 minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- Once the spinach has cooled, grind to a smooth paste.
- Now, Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant.
- Also, Add the chopped onions and slit green chilies.
- Toss in the spice powders and salt. Cook until the onions are soft.
- Add a splash of water to deglaze the mixture.
- Now, pour the spinach paste. Add a little water to dilute the mixture.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes until the flavors combine.
- While the curry cooks, add the cubed paneer pieces.
- Allow it to cook for 3 minutes.
- At this stage, add more water if like a runny curry.
- Turn off the flame. Add cream, mix gently to ensure the paneer cubes don’t break.
- Serve hot topped with some butter a spoonful of cream.
- Adjust the quantities as per your dietary needs.
- Add more cream depending on your preference.
- adjust the chili quantity to suit your taste.
- Optionally, you can shallow fry the paneer cubes in ghee or butter to give it that added taste.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 325
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Carbs: 8g
- Fat: 28g
- Protein: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
Keto Palak Paneer is a low carb and perfect keto dish for your diet routine. You can find it easily at restaurants and cook at your home too. The recipe is delectable and always a comforting food for Indians.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!