What is that one desi snack an Indian cannot live without? Yes, you are right. Samosa! Originating from the heart of South Asia this neatly folded, tightly packed with the goodness of savory has acquired an important place in every typical Indian diet.
It is a mouth-watering recipe which is a mixture of cereal, super fun stuffing loved across every age group for its flavorsome potato-based filling and an outer crispy crust.
Be it a long cold winter evening or a rainy monsoon season these delicious triangular pocket recipes taste simply amazing when paired with green pudhina chutney or tomato ketchup.
Unfortunately, the traditional samosa with potato filling is off the table for the keto folks But don\’t worry we’ve got you covered with this amazing, delightful, crispy Keto recipe of samosa which is and will make your keto diet more fun for you and will perfectly accommodate into your keto meal plan.
Excited to inculcate this keto samosa recipe in your diet? So here it is –
Ingredients for Filling –
- 1 tablespoon Amul butter
- 150gms cauliflower finely chopped
- 1 medium onion about 60gms
- 3/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (or as per your taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon garam masala ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds whole
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
Ingredients for the Doug-
- 3/4 cup Keto Almond Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Steps for the keto recipe of your traditional samosa:
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add butter. Heat it for 2-3 minutes. When the butter has completely melted and stopped foaming, add the cauliflower and onions.
- Sprinkle pink Himalayan salt over the vegetables. With continuous stirring cook the vegetables until the edges have started to brown and cooked through.
- To the cooked vegetables add in ginger root, coriander, garam masala, ground cumin, cumin seeds, and chili flakes. Stir the mixture for 1-2 minutes to allow the spices to toast. And then turn off the heat.
- Add pink Himalayan salt according to the taste. Adjust the seasoning if you feel like it.
- Preheat the oven to 375º Fahrenheit.
For the dough:
- Set up a double boiler by taking a bowl with about 1-1/2-2 inches of water in it and a medium mixing bowl that fits on top.
- Over high heat bring the water in the lower part of the double boiler to a simmer. Once the water starts simmering, turn the heat of the boiler to low.
- In the top part of the boiler place the Keto almond flour and cumin. Add pink Himalayan salt and stir continuously.
- Now place the bowl which contains the Keto almond flour mixture over the simmering water.
- Keep stirring the mixture constantly until the mixture turns into the consistency of a dough
- Turn off the heat and remove the dough from the boiler. Place the dough out onto one of the pieces of parchment and knead the dough a few times to equally distribute the ingredients.
- With the help of your hands shape the dough into a thick rectangle and cover with the second sheet of parchment. Roll dough into a rectangle.
- Using a knife, cut the dough rectangle half lengthwise, followed by half crosswise. Then cut each of the four sections in half crosswise to form 8 four-inch squares.
For Assembling the Samosa:
- With the help of a spoon put the filling onto the center of each square, and divide it equally among squares. After filling the squares fold them diagonally to form triangles and pinch the edges to close the triangles. Place one of the pieces of parchment used to roll out the dough onto a baking sheet, then place the samosas on the sheet.
- Make holes in each samosa with a fork to provide a place for steam to release. Bake for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your delicious Keto Samosa.
Macros of Keto Samosa-
Calories – 316 kcal
Proteins – 7 gms
Net Carbs- 8gms
Fats – 20gms
Super easy to make! Although a little tedious, it is worth it in the end. If you love these keto samosas, make sure to check out our Instagram for some more keto recipes.