Ketosis-friendly Kadhai Paneer is a sought-after Indian Cottage cheese dish where the CC and bell peppers are cooked in a spicy masala. It is quite popular and available in almost all sub continent\’s restaurants. The best part is that it contains a negligible amount of carbohydrates so it’s a perfect for people in ketosis too.
Kadhai is like a wok commonly used in Indian households. We make stir fry and a lot of similar things in a it. It also used for deep frying sweets and snacks. This dish is called Kadhai Paneer because it’s cooked in one. But if you don’t have one you can simply use any pan or a wok.
The coriander seeds and dried red chillies are the main ingredients of the masala and the addition of fresh spices makes it even more flavorful, The spices are dry roasted until fragrant and then grounded to a fine powder.
This spice blend can be used in several recipes, it’s so good. So if you want you can make a big batch of this and store it in a container for future purposes.
1) 2 Cardamom
2) 2 Cloves
3) 3 dry red chilli
4) 2 Tomatoes
5) Cinnamon stick, Fennel seeds, Cumin Seeds
6) Olive Oil
7) 2 Green chillies
8) Paneer cubes
9) Green Capsicum
10) Coriander leaves
11) 2 Onions
12) Ginger and Garlic Paste
13) Salt and Red chilli powder (taste-wise)
1) Take Cardamoms, cloves, dry whole red chilli, 1 tbsp coriander seeds 1 small stick cinnamon, and a tsp each of fennel seeds and cumin seeds dries roasted and then made into a fine powder.
2) Heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry 2 finely chopped onions until golden brown.
3) Add a tbsp of ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell vanishes.
4) Add 2 Coarsely Ground Tomatoes, the previously roasted and ground spice powder, a teaspoon of red chili powder, 2 green chilies slit lengthwise, and some salt.
5) Cook for a few minutes and then toss in the CC cubes. Continue to cook covered till the oil starts separating.
6) Add diced green capsicum and cook for a few more minutes while stirring gently. Serve this hot garnished with coriander leaves.
7) Serve hot .
1) If possible use fresh homemade Cottage cheese, as there’s nothing like it. However, if using store-bought version, remember to soak it in warm water for 20-25 minutes before using it in the recipe.
2) Do use freshly made Kadai masala for this proces. The freshly ground spices make a huge difference.
3) Adding some ginger juliennes to the curry while its cooking makes it so much flavorful.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Protein- 21.7 g
Fats- 26.6 g
Carbohydrates- 12.2 g
Fiber- 1.5 g
We love this method of Ketosis friendly Kadhai Paneer and we are sure you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!