This creamy chicken broccoli quinoa skillet is an effortless, healthy meal made like a stir fry. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and acceptable for meal preparation.. A hearty novel amalgamation with chicken and broccoli, this simple skillet is prepped on the stovetop in a cast-iron skillet, then baked until gooey and golden.
It’s effortless to create an endless array of quick skillet meals if you keep a few go-to items in your freezer and pantry… Chicken, ground beef, pasta, canned tomatoes, peppers, onions, and rice, and quinoa are a good start. Creamy chicken broccoli quinoa skillet involves all the nutrients you want to load up with!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3-4 slices thick-cut bacon sugar-free
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- Half cup canned full fat coconut milk cream
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/4 sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Shield a large baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper then place chicken on one side and broccoli on the other side of the baking sheet. Overlay both with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare chicken and broccoli for 20-25 minutes, stirring chicken halfway through.
- While the chicken and broccoli cook, simultaneously prepare the sauce and make the quinoa.
- To prepare quinoa, bring water to a boil and follow directions to cook 1 cup quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the sauce. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Adjoin the bacon and cook on medium-high for 5-6 minutes then remove from the pan on a paper towel to cool.
- To the bacon fat, adjoin the onions and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes, then adjoin the garlic and continue to cook until soft, 2-3 more minutes.
- Mix the tapioca flour into the broth in a separate bowl. And pour into the pan, then immediately add the coconut milk, mustard, and nutritional yeast (if using) and whisk continuously.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer and continue to stir and cook for another minute, until thickened.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly, Couple the quinoa crumbled bacon, and broccoli into the sauce and mix well.
- Dice the chicken and mix it with the rest of the skillet ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Per Serving :
- Calories- 476
- Protein-32 g
- Fat-20 g
- Carbohydrates-42 g
Get started with your Weight Loss Journey today and take a step towards a healthy lifestyle! Stay tuned for inspiring Weight Loss Journeys, and Delicious Recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Health, and Wellness content!